Author Topic: idea for scenario  (Read 392 times)

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
idea for scenario
« on: February 10, 2001, 02:53:00 PM »
hi guys

well i had this idea for a scenario:

it would be a main arena squad scenario. i think it would be easier for the CMs to set up because there wouldnt be walkons or newbies pretty much, it would be open to squads whos COs wanted to participate, and since most squads already have lines of communication and know each other well, it would be fun to fly in a historical environment with the guys youalready fly in the main arena.

basically how it would work:

in (for example) a Big Week scenario (we have the planeset for it)

the CMs would look for mabye 12 Main arena squadron COs (people like hblair, caveman, ripsnort, hangtime, you get the idea)who wanted to have their squads participate in an event like this. Then they would sign their whole squad up to fly as a historical squadronin the event. In the big week example, teh Death rattlers could be JG26 or whatever they wanted, assasins could be the 56th FG, etcera.. the CMs would decide which historical squads were needed for the scenario, then the squad COs would pick which squad theirs would represent on a first come first serve basis.

Basically, it would be a closed event,, to only memebers of Main arena squads, or people could be a temporary honorary member of a squad (for example like dogftr has been flying wit the AKs, or RA often flies with wreckin crew or assasins etcera) so they could join up

but you would be pretty much flying with ppl you know and have been flying with in the MA, which should increase teamwork and fun   and it would decrease CM load since the lines of communication would likely be alot better, as well as the general knowledge of the participants about the game...

so what do the CMs think? Are their squad COs who think their squad would be interested in an event liek this?

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
idea for scenario
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2001, 04:08:00 PM »
On behalf of my CO Kronos.......NOT HALF ZIG!!!!  

Swoop

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
idea for scenario
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2001, 02:53:00 PM »
Sorry I missed this thread earlier zig. I really like this kind of idea, and hope we can do it in the future. We did this sort of thing in Warbirds. I believe it was called the "S3". Some of the best scenario fun I ever had in a sim was there flying with JG77.

I'm just a junior CM right now, but I'll let the others know about this.