Author Topic: Fly right, fly proud....  (Read 734 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Fly right, fly proud....
« on: April 01, 2008, 05:14:46 PM »
If your looking for big missions, overwhelming hords, "co-ordinated" attacks and steamrolling the piss out of the other side....dont bother reading any further. You wont like us (or at least me) and I won't have any interest in helping you along either.

Now if you want to find a fair fight vs a skilled opponent and rely on teamwork, spirit and individual skill to carry the day then we can help. We fly knight and have roughly 70 members worldwide in 3 "wings". Over the last few years we've built an exceptional reputation both within the "knight community" and among our peers on the other side. We value that respect and intend to continue to earn it thru our conduct both as individual members and as a squad. Many of us feel that certain squads and elements currently flying knight (and I for one fervently hope they leave) are diminishing the overall appeal of just being knight...

Thje choice here is very real, you can run with the herd or fly with the eagles...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Re: Fly right, fly proud....
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 05:37:10 PM »
PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 12:12:50 PM »
  Or as H.Ross Perot said : "Eagles don't flock, you have to find them one by one."  :aok

dentin
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 12:41:02 PM »
....but do you accept spitfire pilots :salute

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 01:19:36 PM »
....but do you accept spitfire pilots :salute

Only if we have to :)

Historically we're a spitfire squad and Bat, Biggles, Cbiz and a few others are exceptionally good spit drivers but we tend to fly everything or anything. If you look at the various "best off" threads we get mentions in a variety of planes and as best "wingies" etc. We've got guys who are pretty highly regarded in just about any plane in set. The bigger issue for me (us) is getting back to promoting good, fun, challenging gameplay. It's not all about overwhelming the other guy with numbers, suicide porkers & such. Skill, teamwork and solid planning can let you prevail against higher numbers. You dont need to wait on 50 or 60 of your closest friends to run a "mizzun" or berate your "team mates" for not bowing to your armchair generalship...or pork the only really good furball in 4 sectors in the name of "winning".

All to often I'm seeing more and more squad postings oriented to the lowest common denominator. We'd like to change that. Yes its tough for anyone in the beginning...and realistically for a pretty long time for most of us. But the reality is that you can learn solid fundemental teamwork, tactics and ACM that will allow you to fight and win in a variety of planes the right way. If I can go 134-38 in LWA flying the A-20 as a fighter (feb) anyone can learn to fly a "real fighter" to a 1.5/1 ratio or better without relying on a steady diet of vulches and HO's etc.

Alot of people complain that no one is willing to step up and take the time to help/train them, yet we have multiple squaddies helping guys all the time in the TA & DA. I host folks as observers all the time (squaddie or not) and will try and help anyone who shows a real desire to learn the "right way".

There are way to many threads about the "good old days"....well the reality is there are still alot of squads that do fly, fight and train the right way. We happen to be one of them.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 04:12:00 PM »
Small Bump-a-Roo :P

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 04:49:08 PM »
All the 71st I've flown with are great guys, if you're looking for people who are good sticks and enjoy the fight they're great guys to look into.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 05:00:31 AM »
70 guys all furballing, flying in wingman formation surely is one big furball HORDE.

How is anyone meant to fight fair against that many wingmen?   

You can't make having that many people validated by saying we dont capture bases.  Its a furball HORDE!!!

Anyway I like you guys and always have   :salute

There is no right way of flying, just well mannered, be it toolshedding or furballing its all combat in one form or another.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 08:39:49 PM »
We dont have any kind of a formal "squad night" so we rarely are up in large numbers. We will run the occasional set of "sweeps" which often have 50+ total but thats a few sundays a year. Normally we'll have 5-12 guys up in any "primetime" segment. We rarely run organized activities but tend to informally coordinate rather well. Last Friday night we (4 or 5 of us I think) took 3 bases in an hour or so but thats pretty rare for us.

Suprisingly we're not really furballers for the most part either (we certainly have some). It's hard to describe but we're more of a community then a "squad". We seem very capable of morphing to support anyones given interest. I ended up driving the goon in 2 of the 3 captures and running jabo in the 3rd...very different then my "normal" role.

Basically itsa good bunch that'll let everyone have fun and a chance to call the shots from time to time without being a pain to the rest of the community. You dont need to wait on a "mizzun" to do stuff...

Whats nice is we have a solid bunch that are well grounded not just in tactics and ACM but also in the "right way" to play the game. I think all in all as a squad we are pretty highly regarded by those we "fight".

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 08:44:47 PM »
Bump for the good guys. :aok

donkey
2sBlind

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 12:25:41 AM »
Will Bat be punished for taking an English field in the AvA? 

He should be court marshalled and stripped of all his Medals.  Traitor to the RAF!    :lol

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 01:11:30 AM »
Will Bat be punished for taking an English field in the AvA? 

He should be court marshalled and stripped of all his Medals.  Traitor to the RAF!    :lol

Hmmmm

I didnt even know bat stooped to flying in the AvA...slumming again is he..... :rofl

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 01:30:31 AM »
I bet there was no oppostion either  stinkin milker   :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 06:22:46 PM »
70 guys all furballing, flying in wingman formation surely is one big furball HORDE.

How is anyone meant to fight fair against that many wingmen?   

You can't make having that many people validated by saying we dont capture bases.  Its a furball HORDE!!!

Anyway I like you guys and always have   :salute

There is no right way of flying, just well mannered, be it toolshedding or furballing its all combat in one form or another.

:rofl We do have some fun at times.