Author Topic: Some general thoughts on "starting a squad"...  (Read 598 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Some general thoughts on "starting a squad"...
« on: April 20, 2008, 01:55:01 PM »
While there are certainly a few guys with some seasoning who decide to start a squad it seems that many of the posts we see here are from guys with a year or less of overall experience. I'm always curious if they know whats involved or have anything of value to really offer. I'd suggest for any/all players that your best progression is to start in the TA with 50% or more of your time for the 1st month focused on learning.

Then spend a good month switching sides and "lone rangering". Certainly fly with others and join missions etc but try all the chess pieces. As you progress you'll develop opinions on each "side" and possibly on individual players and squads. After a month or even two pick a "team" and fly a whole tour there. If you havent been approached feel free to make overtures and tag along with various squads....but dont just join one because they asked.

Once you've got a feel for what type of flying you like and are comfortable you've found a good fit then join a squad. Give that squad a good 6 months or even longer, listen learn and contribute...if at that point you feel you've got the desire time and a "better mouse trap"....then go ahead and launch a squad.

Just one guys opinion...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Some general thoughts on "starting a squad"...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 07:50:56 PM »
How about thoughts on restarting/reforming/"vets" who still need training? :D

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 03:28:44 PM »
well you like planes with bent wings so something was wrong from the start. :D

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 04:12:58 PM »
Hey, I resemble that remark. :p
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.