Author Topic: BBS e-mail notification system  (Read 256 times)

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
BBS e-mail notification system
« on: April 26, 2008, 04:14:44 AM »
Hello, Skuzzy.

I have noticed that the new BBS email notification system is way flawed. I get notifications of new posts days after they're made; it happens especially when I keep reading the boards after posting in one thread. Is this an issue that can in any way be related to my side, or is this simply the way it is meant to work? And, if so, is there any way you can change it and make it more efficient?

Thank you for your help.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: BBS e-mail notification system
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 05:11:35 AM »
It is not the BBS system doing that.  It is Yahoo.  They deliberately delay email being delivered from our site.  I have seen them hold off email acceptance for up to 10 days.

The only cure is for you to get another Email address not on Yahoo.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 05:16:35 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 06:24:35 PM »
It is not the BBS system doing that.  It is Yahoo.  They deliberately delay email being delivered from our site.  I have seen them hold off email acceptance for up to 10 days.

The only cure is for you to get another Email address not on Yahoo.

Well, I'll take your word for this, Skuzzy, even if it sounds pretty weird... why should they do that? And, btw, I used the yahoo address before BBS change, but it wasn't like that, notifications were timely. :confused:

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 05:42:40 AM »
They consider us a SPAM house due to the number of emails they get from our service.  On the old board we had stopped allowing the use of Yahoo email addresses as they are an unreliable service for anyone to use if you want timely email from us.

The U.S. Yahoo service also places all email from us into the users SPAM folder as well as delaying it.  It all started with the U.S. service and has slowly made its way throughout Yahoo worldwide.

I have no problems showing the logs from our email server which show the messages coming from Yahoo's service about it delaying email delivery.  They refuse to listen to us and provide absolutely no recourse for fixing this problem.  You want to complain?  Then complain to them!

I'll post the log entries tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 05:44:15 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 10:28:20 AM »
They consider us a SPAM house due to the number of emails they get from our service.  On the old board we had stopped allowing the use of Yahoo email addresses as they are an unreliable service for anyone to use if you want timely email from us.

The U.S. Yahoo service also places all email from us into the users SPAM folder as well as delaying it.  It all started with the U.S. service and has slowly made its way throughout Yahoo worldwide.

I have no problems showing the logs from our email server which show the messages coming from Yahoo's service about it delaying email delivery.  They refuse to listen to us and provide absolutely no recourse for fixing this problem.  You want to complain?  Then complain to them!

I'll post the log entries tomorrow.

No need to post them, Skuzzy, I believe you. From time to time I have found some notification mail in the Spam folder. Thought it was an error of the mail server, now I see that's something totally different.

Be sure I'll complain with them.