Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 409 times)

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Thank You
« on: December 07, 2001, 11:53:00 PM »
<S> All

I've been around since 1.05 and to be honest...things for me have been stale for a while.

Yes I fly often in the MA and yes I'm in a squad and yes we fly on squad nights but it just has not seemed quite as captivating in the past last year or so.  To be completely frank, nothing is organized and also ,dammit, nothing seems to really matter when most of the rules are suspended.

Tonight I flew my first TOD....and it was FREAKING wonderfull.  My palms sweated, my heart palpitated and I was for the first time in a long while really lining up my shots on cons...not just the ole "If i miss i'll just up again and again until and kill him" attitude.  Sweetness bottled in a 2 hour capsule.

I've mentioned this before to my squad (KG200) that we should join TOD in lieu of squad night because I thought it would revitalize everyone's interest.  Tonight Tachel and FatBass joined me in the TOD but most other from KG200 have not shown much enthusiasm for the TOD.  Oh well, I consider it their loss.

Please consider me a convert...Brother Drunky if you will.  :D  

Amyways, I look forward to next Friday's TOD.  I'm now looking into Wild Wednesday's and anything anyway else can suggest.

Drunky
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Thank You
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2001, 04:03:00 AM »
Something about flying with jv44  :)

we always get dumped when the guys convince their squad to join  :).....

Well next tod is an Eastern front Scenario

get your guys signed up!!!

Thanks to kg200 for helpin jv44 out this frame

S!
Wotan

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2001, 04:35:00 AM »
Wotan your perfect record is intact.   :)

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Thank You
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2001, 07:48:00 AM »
Sign up below to the AH Speical Events EMail list to be keep up to date on all that is happening.
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2001, 12:00:00 PM »
Also for you pilots that want to participate, but the rest of your squad does NOT.

You can join a squad that is active in the TOD and fly with THEM every Friday.  It will not affect your association with your regular MA squad.

Go to the events page on the HTC website and click on weekly events -- Friday TOD and have a look at the active squads.  One of them should be familiar to you....send the C.O. and e-mail and ask if you can join his squad in the TOD.

These events are so different from the MA and after you fly one you will be instantly hooked.