Author Topic: Need help with mission  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
Re: Need help with mission
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008, 03:00:30 PM »
No, just open the .RAR file (you need WinRAR to do this, it's free), http://www.rarlab.com/rar/ - I think that you want "WinRAR 3.71", but I'm not sure.

Once you have this, just open up the file, extract the .mis thing from inside it, and put that in your offmis folder.

Also, what map is this supposed to be run on?  I just opened it with ndisles in the ME, and none of the waypoints etc were aligned with the bases/runways.

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008, 03:46:03 PM »
Ok I think I know what the problem is:  you have your planes assigned to the wrong countries.  I'm not sure about this, but I do think it's at least part of the problem.  Try switching the country assignments of your P-40s and B-17s with the country of the Luftwaffe aircraft, and it should be OK.

However, don't forget that this means you'll have to either change the bases these planes take off from, so they don't get killed by auto ack as soon as they take off.  However, if you want to keep the bases as they are, then I think you need to go into Aces High, and change which countries own which bases - but I think you need to do something within the editor after that to save these settings to a file, that you then distribute with your mission. 

You might want to talk to sudz, or first look at the tutorial/help file if you have any problems with this.

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2008, 03:58:19 PM »
you can actually change the country in mission properties. I did this and it did not fix the problem. It did stop the auto ack from firing at me but there is still a big b17 on top of my p40. It is funny to see my p40 surrounded by a b17. I think this is a bug which may have been brought out by the size of the mission.

On a side note though.

When you think you have the mission complete. There is one last thing you should do. Right click on the route and click on select bad turns. This will show all the turns that are too sharp. One key to remember when you lay down waypoints is to never make any turns harder than 90 degrees.

Again I am not sure if this will fix your problem, but I would definitely fix this. It may even help with the problem you have here though.

Also when you are done fixing the country and waypoints if it still does not work you can try PM Sudz with the corrected file and see if this is a bug. That is all I can think of though

Sorry couldn't help more

« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 04:04:22 PM by dkff49 »
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline thedudee95

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2008, 04:07:08 PM »
rgr thanks

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2008, 04:12:53 PM »
another question for you dudee.

When you created the mission did you let the computer create the takeoff and landing segments or did you do them yourself?

Just in case you can have the ME create these tasks by simply right clicking on the waypoint in the tree that you wish these to happen and then select takeoff or landing which ever applies.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave