Author Topic: Non- Standard Bombsight Calibration  (Read 1394 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Non- Standard Bombsight Calibration
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 02:52:16 PM »
You don't have to hold the crosshair on the point being used as the marker. Just make sure the crosshair is on the same point when you release the Y key as when you started pressing it. Focusing on holding it steady over the marker doesn't improve your calibration.

What we are doing is measuring the change in the angle of the bombsight from start to finish as we use a stopwatch with the Y key.

Also, you can select target altitude at any time. It does not have to be after any of your calibrations. Once it is set, it's set. Make sure you zoom in tightly on the map when you click on your target because, for example, towns are not always the same altitude as its field.

Push the bombsight forward by pushing your stick forward to set up your calibration marker.

I'M CONFUSED NOW......in MA, i never touch the stick when  i'm calibrating......i simply go into calibration mode, hold the "y" key for a few seconds at a time.....this seems to work, as i rarely miss. i do concentrate on being level and up to speed at least 1 sector out from my target....the only real times i miss are if/when i rush/......

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 03:02:42 PM »

I'M CONFUSED NOW......in MA, i never touch the stick when  i'm calibrating......i simply go into calibration mode, hold the "y" key for a few seconds at a time.....this seems to work, as i rarely miss. i do concentrate on being level and up to speed at least 1 sector out from my target....the only real times i miss are if/when i rush/......

<<S>>

Their talking about the Bomb site in the AVA. You actually have to do something to calibrate. Should try it sometime, calibrating over water can be fun.

I to wish it was used in the MA but then Lanstukas would be joined by Fortressstukas(already exists), Liberstukas and any other bomber.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 12:15:33 PM »
Their talking about the Bomb site in the AVA. You actually have to do something to calibrate. Should try it sometime, calibrating over water can be fun.

I to wish it was used in the MA but then Lanstukas would be joined by Fortressstukas(already exists), Liberstukas and any other bomber.

aaahh..got it.........might have to try in there someday....

thanks!!
<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)