Author Topic: This week: FinRus  (Read 1855 times)

Offline araiguma

• Zinc Member
Re: This week: FinRus
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2008, 05:15:48 AM »
They had the P-40, just about every US Curtis model including the British Tomahawk with .303 guns.  They were paid for in gold bullion and quite often delivered by convoy to Arcangel.  Check out the lend-lease program I'm sure you will find that the Soviet Army, Navy, and Air defense force used P-40's in every front and major Russian campaign.

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2008, 05:49:45 AM »
The Soviet Union had mostly P39Q's, if they had the D I don't think it served on the Finnish front lines. Soviets should also have Hurricane IIB's (no Hispanoes, .303's and .50's only). Spitfire MkV's were used in defense of Leningrad so they could be made available from one field only, but as they haven't ever been part of the FinRus setup I don't think that should change. The one plane that this setup should have is still missing from the game...
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2008, 06:11:24 AM »
Made it so you could exit from chute.  Most of the combat I saw tonight was quite low, probably just as quick to stay with the plane.
I would add the 39D except that I don't know whether the Bolsheviks ever got many of those.  On the Eastern Front the 39s should be using the 37mm anyway.
Good fights tonight, had a lot of fun.  Don't miss the FM2 or Hurri IIC one bit, and most of the 109s I saw were G2s or G6s, which is historically accurate.
AND there were a lot of FinRus skins on the planes!
- oldman (who is finding the 39 a difficult plane to master)

Yes they had P-400s aka P39D exports and P39Ds. I dont know if they were used in the finrus war but I doubt that wirbelwinds, ostis, and stukas saw action in the finrus war to.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 06:13:06 AM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2008, 07:23:51 AM »
Yes, Stukas were used by the Germans in Northern Finland, and also by Gefechtsverband Kuhlmey in the summer of 1944 from Immola airfield (near Lappeenranta).

The B25C could be added to the setup as the Soviet Union received about 800 of those (B-25D's mostly?). A total of over 4000 P39's were delivered to the Soviet Union, I don't know how that splits to different models, I should look it up from one of the books...
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: Another change
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2008, 07:39:20 AM »
most of the 109s I saw were G2s or G6s, which is historically accurate.

I understand the need to put certain models in as subs. Such as a FW-190A5 for a FW-190A1, or a F6F5 instead of an F6F3.

However there is no need to put the 109 F in this setup. You guys removed all other aircraft of questionable participation.
If you're going to do it for one you should do it for all.

When you have the correct plane available you should put it in a setup, not pull it because you think to many people will fly it, or it's too good.
When you have a plane that is questionable for the setup you should NOT include because you want people to fly it as you're doing with the F.

No Spits, no Tigers, and I removed both the FM2 and the Hurri IIC.  Would also have taken away the 109F, but thought it was a good intro for people who haven't flown 109s much

Guys I'd just like to humbly point out you have elements of at least three different Jagdgeschwaders operating in the AVA now.
They're skilled and experianced enough that you do not need to hold their hand.

As far as people who havent flown 109s much.. They won't fly it here either, and you shouldn't be worried about introducing the 109 to players in the AVA. The 109 is in almost every AVA setup. If a guy flys in the AVA and has never flown a 109... Adding the F model to a setup where it should not be isnt going to suddenly change that.

What I would like to see is setups with aircaft historically matched as much as possible.  For accuracy no models pulled because one side or the other doesn't like the plane. If it was there in the war it should be there in the setup.

I'd like to see you guys not try and influence game play by getting artsy with the plane set. Give us what the sides had historically when it's avilable, and let us go at it.

Thanks Staff <S>

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2008, 07:49:48 AM »
Yes, Stukas were used by the Germans in Northern Finland, and also by Gefechtsverband Kuhlmey in the summer of 1944 from Immola airfield (near Lappeenranta).

Our stuka or the antitank version?
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline araiguma

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2008, 08:22:27 AM »

Gefechtsverband Kuhlmey
Immola airfield (17 June 1944)
I./SG3 33 JU87D-5 Stukas
II./JG54 "Grun Herz" 29-62 FW190A-6  (detachments at Helsinki and Petäjärvi) And they were only in Immola from Jun~20 Jul 1944 then went to Utti for a short time (days).
I./SG5 16 FW190F-3 and F-8 JABO
I./NaGr 5 1-8 BF109-G8 reconnaisance
TGr.10 35 SM 81/AR transport aircraft

The Ju 87 D-5 (ground-attack variant)
- outer wing panels extended
- dive brakes were removed
- wing-mounted 7.92 mm MG 17 machine guns were replaced by 20 mm MG 151 cannons.

1./JG 54 was in Turku 19 Jun ~ 15 Jul 1944.

The Finns ended up driving the Germans out of the country as part of their peace with the Soviets.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 08:36:59 AM by araiguma »

Offline araiguma

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2008, 03:05:19 PM »
Did I miss something?
Logged in at 0500 to see what's going on in AvA before work. Sides were all mixed around and not IAW arena message.  Bishops were the non flying team, but flying and bombing Finn towns in the SW. Finns were the rooks and flight was disabled for the country.  Russians were the knights and flying.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2008, 03:16:57 PM »
The arena may have been reset because HTCs power went out this morning.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 03:21:50 PM by Larry »
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline BlueTop

• Zinc Member
Re: Another change
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2008, 03:28:15 PM »
I understand the need to put certain models in as subs. Such as a FW-190A5 for a FW-190A1, or a F6F5 instead of an F6F3.

However there is no need to put the 109 F in this setup. You guys removed all other aircraft of questionable participation.
If you're going to do it for one you should do it for all.

When you have the correct plane available you should put it in a setup, not pull it because you think to many people will fly it, or it's too good.
When you have a plane that is questionable for the setup you should NOT include because you want people to fly it as you're doing with the F.

Guys I'd just like to humbly point out you have elements of at least three different Jagdgeschwaders operating in the AVA now.
They're skilled and experianced enough that you do not need to hold their hand.

As far as people who havent flown 109s much.. They won't fly it here either, and you shouldn't be worried about introducing the 109 to players in the AVA. The 109 is in almost every AVA setup. If a guy flys in the AVA and has never flown a 109... Adding the F model to a setup where it should not be isnt going to suddenly change that.

What I would like to see is setups with aircaft historically matched as much as possible.  For accuracy no models pulled because one side or the other doesn't like the plane. If it was there in the war it should be there in the setup.

I'd like to see you guys not try and influence game play by getting artsy with the plane set. Give us what the sides had historically when it's avilable, and let us go at it.

Thanks Staff <S>

:aok

BT

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2008, 04:52:21 PM »
The arena may have been reset because HTCs power went out this morning.

The power has been off in a good portion of NE Texas all day; anyone know what has caused the outage?  I'm on generator power here at the house, but the server keeps going down at the ISP.
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2008, 04:58:05 PM »
The power has been off in a good portion of NE Texas all day; anyone know what has caused the outage? 

Global warming.......
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2008, 05:26:29 PM »
I hear Global Warming is having a negative effect on pirates as well..................
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2008, 06:19:47 PM »
Yea global warming is messing alot of stuff up. It hid my remote last night and I stubed my toe because of it this morning.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline BlueTop

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2008, 11:54:26 PM »
Yea global warming is messing alot of stuff up. It hid my remote last night and I stubed my toe because of it this morning.

Your not a global warming denier are you TK?   :huh

I mean I know your from Texas but I thought you were at lest some what intelligent for a Texan any ways.   :salute

BT