Author Topic: Multi-Screen / Multi PC  (Read 354 times)

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
Multi-Screen / Multi PC
« on: April 28, 2008, 02:36:15 AM »
I'm posting here, but if this is the inappropriate location please move to the correct one. 

I have several PC's around the house capable of playing AH.  It would be nice to be able to use them to join myself and have multiple monitor views.  I think that it could be accomplished using a 'Join-From-LAN' feature that only allows the views to be set (with the joined pc's communicating only with the PC that is connected to HTC.).  The joined computers should only have the ability to view from the cockpit, not move or use any gun positions, or communicate over text/vox.  Basically they would only be a way of adding multiple monitor support to the game.

The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: Multi-Screen / Multi PC
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 01:35:55 PM »
Nobody is replying because it's just stupid. 

Hey why not also allow the F3 (external) view for fighters while they are at it? 

Look, I have trouble checking my 6 too, but I don't cry about it and need technology to save me.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 01:45:08 PM »
Nobody is replying because it's just stupid. 

Hey why not also allow the F3 (external) view for fighters while they are at it? 

Look, I have trouble checking my 6 too, but I don't cry about it and need technology to save me.

What I was referring to was that you could have a panoramic view out the front of the plane.  Obviously I wasn't clear or you would have understood...

Like this:

« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 01:56:35 PM by bcadoo »
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline Nisky

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 02:04:04 PM »
Dang that would be friggen awesome! :rock
just talk about random stuff but please stay on topic

Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 08:03:37 PM »
What I was referring to was that you could have a panoramic view out the front of the plane.  Obviously I wasn't clear or you would have understood...

Like this:

(Image removed from quote.)

No, you were quite clear in your wish request.  It's just that LLogan is a complete idiot.

Multi-monitor support would be cool, especially since most video cards are capable of using multi-monitors.  But alas, like true wide screen support, I don't think we'll ever see it in AH.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 10:23:11 PM »
Personally, if I could afford multiple monitors, I'd be all in for it. Wait, I am anyways  :lol

Lets have HTC work on some cooler things besides updating planes and CT.  :aok
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes