Author Topic: Med League  (Read 390 times)

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
Med League
« on: October 27, 2000, 01:50:00 AM »
hi all:

Well been to stupid to stay out of the frying pan, I have decided to give the boss job another shot.

Well I think the allied forces are ready for frame two, Saturday, Oct, 28th.
with one exception, I still do not know who is commanding the P38 squad out of A4.
It was Citabria, but do to something, he can not be there any more. I dont even know who is in that squad either. And as for checking the Med league web page, that does not help much as the pilots listed may or may not be in that squad, may or may not be flying in the med league.

So if anybody knows who is in the P38 squad out of A4, could you please let me know.

thanks.

wolf37
Commander and Chief
Allied Forces
North Africa
Med League

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Med League
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2000, 08:16:00 AM »
 Wolf, I can make Tuesdays and not weekends.  Although I haven't made the last two Tuesdays either due to unexpexted RL issues on those two days.
 This weekend is a no for sure and I do plan on being there this Tuesday coming up, if the time it starts isn't changed or accidentally misreported.

-Westy

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
Med League
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2000, 02:25:00 PM »
Ok i was told i was XO of the 94th Fighter Group P38J squad from A4. Never having been in contact with Citabria i was / still am a little in the dark as to what was expected from me regarding any previous planning etc.
Hell i did not even realise we had a command channel until my wingy asked if i was on.
Still we stuck to our orders as they were as long as we could without committing ourselves to any senseless dogfights with no appreciable advantage to be gained.
It should be noted due to living in UK i can only make the Saturday rounds and not the Tuesday flights.
Btw feel free to appoint anybody you wish as CO or XO i would not be offended at all.
Hell as a Brit (oops racial slur?      
I really wanted a Spit squad but happy to go with any as long as its not an outright bomber !
Attendance of P38J squad on last session was as follows, from the published list of assigned pilots these are the pilots who flew,

AKSWulfe
Newwguy
Rob53
Cavalear.

I hope we can rely on them to show again and maybe some of the other assigned pilots as well.

Listed squad pilots missing were,

Westy
Mino
Dbcooper
and of course Citabria.

Dont know if this is correct but i got a feeling some of them were maybe flying in other squads on the night ?

Guys if you have moved to another squad please let us know asap.

[This message has been edited by 214thCavalier (edited 10-27-2000).]

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Med League
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2000, 02:32:00 PM »

I haven't changed.  I plan on being there Tuesday.   I signed up and will honor my commitment happily.

-Westy

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
Med League
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2000, 04:21:00 PM »
hi Cavalear:

As of now, you are the CO for the USAF 94th P38 fighter squad.

Now seeing hows I dont have your E-mail address, it makes it hard to send your orders. My e-mail address is,

wolf37@mail.com

Please send me your e-mail address as soon as possable. the sooner the better.

Now if I do not have your e-mail address prior to Saturday's start, I will have to breif you before the start of frame two.
Please be there at least 30 mins before start time as I do not want to be trying to set things up with one min before start time.

Now as far as who is in your squad goes, we will try to get that worked out as well, and try to get your squad filled up. It would also help me to know how many planes you lost last Saturday and how many your squad shot down. I am pretty sure we will be short pilot again. now some of the pilots in your squad this Saturday may only be temps, as I have two squads that can not up this frame but will draw on there squads for pilots.

hmmm, can't think of any thing else right now, I'm sure there is some thing else but my brain has been on overload the past couple of days. please get me your e-mail.

wolf37
Commander and Chief
Allied Forces
North Africa
Med League

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
Med League
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2000, 04:24:00 PM »
hi Westy:

I am not as concerned with the Tuesday frame as they are just for fun, so right now I am just trying to find out who my CO's are and what I have for the second frame. once I get things worked out, then I will try to organize things for Teusdays as well.
But thank you for letting me know your situation.

wolf37 Commander and Chief
Allied Forces
North Africa
Med League