Author Topic: Everyone...Please Read  (Read 337 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Everyone...Please Read
« on: April 29, 2008, 08:03:32 AM »
When I logged on last night I noted at least one player attacking the rook bases.  He (or she, as the case might be) was a new face, and, to his/her credit, stopped when warned.  But the incident reminded me that we have lots of people playing here now who aren't familiar with the AvA.  Hence this warning:

Unlike the Main Arenas, capturing all of one side's bases does NOT win a war and does NOT produce a map reset.  Instead it completely porks the arena, which will be unusable in its intended way until one of the staff shows up to reload the appropriate tables.  So please do not attempt to capture all of one side's bases.

If you see someone doing this, please warn him/her in a nice way (at first).  It's understandable that new folks will expect the arena to behave as the other arenas behave.  Until they know better.

- oldman

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Everyone...Please Read
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 09:44:23 AM »
So, it wasn't that this person was attacking this bases, but attempting to capture them.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 11:05:00 AM »
Well, under the current system, I would think it would be near impossible for one person to capture a base, wouldn't it, especially when you need so many troops?

That said, I don't want to see the map become unusable as it pretty much did during Battle of Britian. I think bases being able to capture bases makes all the arenas a little more interesting. Too bad there couldn't be some way of turning off base capture if one team has too many players as happened during Battle of Britian.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 02:46:17 PM »
If you know how its really easy to take a field under the current setup by yourself.

Strip