Author Topic: 100 plane furballl.....hmmmm, catchy  (Read 2607 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: 100 plane furballl.....hmmmm, catchy
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 12:20:19 PM »
Thanks. I didn't know he'd put a list on the wiki.

Personally, though, I think one out to keep the forum more up-to-date than the wiki. It's going to be the primary source for folks keeping up with these updates, IMO.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 02:32:16 PM »
I'll put up another file of the mission soon (probably later tonight) that has the planes more spread out amongst the different routes (so that they arrive at the furball area with as little delay as possible), and also with a group of planes or two added.

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline wantok

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 07:46:03 PM »
Thanks. I didn't know he'd put a list on the wiki.

Personally, though, I think one out to keep the forum more up-to-date than the wiki. It's going to be the primary source for folks keeping up with these updates, IMO.

I've been maintaining that list on the wiki, and one reason is because the forums are inherently badly suited to updating information - you can't edit older posts, so the outdated links hang around.  There's no way to have a single up-to-date list somewhere on the forum.  This was a good example - Yossarian did post a newer link, but the older link was still around.  On the wiki we have a compact up-to-date list in one place.

The link to the wiki offline missions list is a sticky in this forum.  That's usually be the quickest way to find missions now.  Anyone can edit that list to add their own missions, or if you're not confident in editing the wiki, PM me or leave a message on my wiki talk page and I can add it for you.

The wiki is slowly going to become the primary repository for much of the AH information - help, training, aircraft/vehicle info, etc.  Wikis are much better suited to any kind of centralised information that needs to be kept up to date than forums. 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 08:58:37 PM by wantok »
Madina ... AHWiki