Author Topic: Given the Boot  (Read 526 times)

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
Given the Boot
« on: October 28, 2000, 03:13:00 PM »
Hello all:

well it seems I was given the boot out of the Med League for frame two.

Camo, I am sure this is not your doing, but it sure helps when the Commanding officer of the allied forces is booted out, I'm sure the axis forces will do well in frame two as they did in frame one.

busc, I have sent you an e-mail, I will wait to hear from you before any thing else is said. as for the allied team, it might be a good idea to start looking for a replacement for Commander and Chief, just in case I am not allowed back in.

By the way, if frame two is allowed to stand, I wont be coming back at all. and to all the allied pilots, you should do the same thing. Frame two was a shamble, and it should not be allowed to stand.

wolf37
Maybe the Commander and Chief
Allied Forces
North Africa
Med League

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Given the Boot
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2000, 03:21:00 PM »
Will someone please explain what happend.

All I saw was Wolf telling all allied pilots to land and log out.  We land...hang about for a bit, someone finally tells Busc we've all landed, Busc asks why, we all wait for wolf to say something and then notice he's gone.

WTF?

Swoop

[This message has been edited by Swoop (edited 10-28-2000).]

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
Given the Boot
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2000, 03:48:00 PM »
Yup 94th 38's landed as ordered by Wolf and sat on the runway waiting to see what was going on. Wolf disappeared from view and we had lost our CO, it was generally thought he had done a runner and Busc took over as Allied CO.
94th P38 Cavalear found his P38 was loaded with 25% fuel and a full Jabo load of B100;s and rockets for the mission loaded which was long range intercept, dont ask me how but it happened. And the mission did show loadout as being DT and full fuel load nothing else.
At this point i declared the 94th could not take this as a serious round and my squad of err 2 P38's ignored mission orders and went and flattened VH46 for some fun, after landing and upping from a capped field (a4) at low level i went to A6 and attacked destroying "Bomber entry" b4 egressing easterly draggin 205's in pursuit and for the 2nd time running i find that 205 is faster on deck than P38 when charts say P38 is faster, go figure.
Lol while i was doing this Rob patiently waited at runway for his chance and when the 205's chased after me he upped and killed a C47 that just wandered along and started dropping troops at a4  
Now you know what happened from the 94th's perspective but dont expect an official AAR cos one aint coming.
Wolf we flew cos Rob had got up early specially for this game BUT we declared we were only doing it for fun and would not fly it as a serious round.
So i guess the damage done by us will be ignored and the Axis will have a wonderful victory !

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
Given the Boot
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2000, 05:09:00 PM »
hello:

All I know is I told busc that the allied planes where orders to land by me.
as for why I ordered the allied planes to land was simple, I was told if we did not use the planner, we could not launch. well thats all nice and dandy if the thing was set up right. but seeing as busc did not know what squads had been moved, or where they where going, or what they should carry, how can he set up a mission planner.

Now at the same time he then tells me to set up the planner for the allied forces 15 mins before the start of frame two. well gee wize, that is so nice as I am trying to fill squads, and answer squad queston. so how do I set up the planner and deal with my squads at the same time.

well as I told busc I ordered my planes to land, because as far as I was concerned, frame two was a bust, I found myself out of the game, so it seems I have been booted.
thats why I was no longer there.

wolf37

Offline Wilfrid

• Copper Member
      • http://www.crytek.de
Given the Boot
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2000, 06:22:00 PM »
Hi

The 346th BS B17 squadron launched as soon as the mission planner spawned us on the runway. I was aware of some confusion on the radio but we were halfway down the runway by that time so carried on. When up, the 346th performed a lazy left turn over A12 while formating and trying to work out what was going on; Wolf37 ordered the allied pilots out of the arena but I`m sorry, that not what I gave up my Saturday night for and said as much on the B17 strike channel. My squadron agreed - another CO had said the P38`s were treating it as a fun frame and that was our take on it too. After completing the 360 we headed to the target, but found we had been saddled with 100% fuel (due to using the mission planner) and found climbing difficult. We were about 5 minutes from IP when I handed command over to Dowding as I had to log off due to a pipe bursting in my house  

Wilfrid
CO 346th

<Edit> I can see why Wolf37 is annoyed/confused. Seems to me Busc and Zigrat are the two chaps in charge of this thing, and are trying their best <S>. Busc came over from the axis to the allies when Wolf37 got booted to try to lead us - but this should have been the case from the start IMO. Two CM`s, one leading the allies and one leading the axis is the way to go.

[This message has been edited by Wilfrid (edited 10-28-2000).]

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
Given the Boot
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2000, 12:07:00 AM »
Wilfrid:

annoyed , yes, confused, no

busc is now the C&C of the allied forces, he can now set up the mission planner the right way. look out axis pilots, if busc sets up your mission planner, he will screw you over as well.

wolf37