Author Topic: Wild Wednesday question  (Read 612 times)

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Wild Wednesday question
« on: December 13, 2001, 03:14:00 AM »
I participated in Wild Wednesday last night and I was shot off someone's six by his squadmate.  In fact, he requested help from his squadmate.  I know this because the circumstances were so bizarre, I asked the guy who nailed me and he admitted it.

There's no need to mention any names.  Hell, technically, no rules were broken.  But, I thought "Wild Wednesday" allowed us to leave all squad baggage behind.

Nimitz would win every single time if he had numerous AKs behind him with the sole intention of clearing his six.

Is there not a way to turn icons off?  Wouldn't this solve the problem?

curly

Offline Exile

• Gold Member
      • http://www.simladder.com/
Wild Wednesday question
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2001, 07:06:00 AM »
CMs can control the range of icons, but turning them off completely is up to each individual player.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Wild Wednesday question
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2001, 08:07:00 AM »
This is one of those things where CM's and other players can't do anything.

There are guys who have flown with a squad for a long time and they just can't help "helping" their bud.

WW is thought of as and every man for himself and for the most part it is.  you see some guys at the start of the event making friends in order to last longer, but they always end up fighting each other.  

I would like to see the event shy away from too much organization.  Nobody wants to get gangbanged by a bunch of guys in one squad.

Icons are not going to work....any other thoughts?

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: skernsk ]

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Wild Wednesday question
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2001, 08:28:00 AM »
Concentrate the fights.

Use a smaller section of the DA, or block one of the three fields off that we use now.

There may be icon issues if the fights get *too* compact (32 icon limit?); but we're a long way from that.

Other than that, can't really see what you can do, even if you ban it, how do you prove it? It'd be too contentious (although I agree it sucks royaly).

However, bunch 'em al up nice and tight and I'm sure the dog eat dog atmosphere of WW will take over... :)

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Wild Wednesday question
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by Exile:
CMs can control the range of icons, but turning them off completely is up to each individual player.

Ok, can you set the icon range to 5 yards?
That would do the trick.  :)

curly

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Wild Wednesday question
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2001, 04:07:00 PM »
Unfortunately Curly, they are set either short or long.  9k or 3k I think.