Author Topic: Total lack of radio discipline  (Read 712 times)

Offline Suave1

• Zinc Member
Total lack of radio discipline
« on: October 29, 2000, 05:30:00 AM »
One thing I've noticed in med league that really gets my goat is that people use the radio as if they were in the pork arena. Juvenile messages like "THIS IS fluff'n BS" or "allies are retarded" have no place in a scen . This really detracts from the scenario experience, and I certainly hope that we don't see this in Afrika .

Call me old fashioned but countries should have no radio contact with each other without going through the CM first . Chan1 should be off limits to everyone except CM, allied CO and axis CO. Chan2 should be for command elements and rto's only. Anyone in contempt of these basic scenario rules should get the dot eject send off.  

[This message has been edited by Suave1 (edited 10-29-2000).]

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2000, 08:22:00 AM »
The CM needs a bwana power like the HTC folks do because

1. The gray channel one color text is very hard to read and the CM must be able to make announcements that are clear and distuinguishable and broadcast over ALL channels at once.

2. Many people like myself would like to squelch channel one for exactly the reasons you posted on above Suave.

-Westy

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2000, 11:48:00 AM »
Well, I was one of the people calling allies for quote "idiots", said in jest.

But, it was after the mission had been scrubbed and after what seemed to be wolf taking his ball and going home.

Police all you want, I'll take the consequences. I am very unlikely to be bullied into anything though.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2000, 08:15:00 PM »
hi all:

Santa, fly for the allies and see what kind of crap I as COmmander and Chief have to put up with.
busc said we had to use the mission planner ro we could not launch.

well busc flies for the axis and has no idea what the allied forces are doing. as for me taking my ball and going home, I was booted.

now back to the mission planner. all the spits where armed with the 303 and not the .50 cals, plus loaded down with bombs.
plus the spits where at the wrong starting fields.

the typhoons where at the wrong starting field for the second time. the B17 where loaded with 100% fuel and had to drop half there bomb load so they could get over 10ft.

one of the P38 squads was put at the wrong field.
 in the mission planner it had three P38 squads listed.

now the whole thing was a screw up from the start, and busc told us we had to use the mission planner, but we could not edit any thing in it as we treid when busc said we could.

so I spent all week getting orders out to my squad CO's, setting up missions, finding out how many planes I had to work with and what we would be up against.

on top of that, I was told I had to let Camo what squad where been moved before the start of the frame, but after doing so, he tells me he does not have to tell me what axis squads are been moved.

does this sound like a fair set up to you. I dont see it as been fair at all. now I have sent a e-mail to busc with all this and a few other things, he has not bothered to respond to me. guess he does not like having somebody point out he has total screwed this whole thing up from the very start. yes there are going to be problems with such a large event, but maybe have some things worked out before starting would have been the best thing to do. but now two frames have been played with the allies getting the royal screw, so hey its ok because those setting things up are flying for the axis forces.

Santa, you want to say that I am getting up set and taking my ball and going home. in other words calling me a whinner, well your the one whinning about the alt, boo hoo hoo.

Busc, you dont want to respoune to my e-mail, no problem.

I am finished with the Med league, find a new Commander and Cheif for the allied forces, better make sure it is somebody who does not care if you screw him over.

and now you can find a new CO for the allied spit squad RAF 234, because I will not waste any more of my time in the med league.

For all those that put a lot of time into trying to make this work, you fail.

wolf37

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2000, 08:49:00 PM »
First off, ignore the alt business.  Yes, IMO an alt cap should be in effect, but the scenario should be played according to the established rules; if you don't like them, go ahead and quit: that's your right and one that shouldn't be contested,

Umm... I have no business interfering here, seeing as how I wasn't there, but Santa did say:

what seemed to be wolf taking his ball and going home.

That is , wolf seemed to be quitting, just as Hangtime did indeed take up his ball and go home the week before.
Now, I've flown my share of scenarios, and I've never seen a CO .eject ed.  My understanding is that the .eject command is there for people who are disrupting the game,  such as those who take up unauthorized aircraft and try to shoot people down; or people who willfully abuse a killshooter ff situation.

If the CM did eject the CO (and right now all we have is Wolf's testimony), he should have at the very least informed both sides of his action.  Santa's statement "seemed to take his ball and go home" implies that this was not done.

This was not an official CM crew event (in which, of course, the CM does not fly for either side).  Nevertheless, these are not trivial charges.
Wolf has claimed that as CO he was unable to control the deployment and configuration of his flights within the rules of the game.

If this is the case, and if the frame did indeed start against his protest, he had every right to withhold the participation of his side.

If he was ejected for acting in this manner, then he has a valid grievance.

Frankly, I'm interested in hearing what the other parties have to say.  Until then, we shouldn't take a non-response as an admission of guilt.

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2000, 09:19:00 PM »
Dinger:

just ask to hear from the allied squad CO's, they had received there orders and what fields they where upping from. I sent them out via e-mail in time for them to contacted me if they had problems. before the second frame started, they knew what fields they where to up from,and what they should have for fuel, bombs , guns. so ask them if the planner for just there squad was right or wrong.

Now as for getting the other side of the story, I sent busc an e-mail, no responce. and I have not sseen any responce on the BB's.  I am still waiting.

wolf37

busc

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2000, 10:34:00 PM »
Cc Wolf, please read my post about frame 2, you could find some interesting infos.

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2000, 11:37:00 PM »
busc, why did you post it on Sat, and nopt sooner. as well, likeI said, your info on the RAF 234 spit squad is wrong. and that is just one squad you screwed up on. and anybody can look at your Med league wed page and see where the RAF 234 squad started and where it should be. but I am sure you have an excuse for this as well.

wolf37

Offline Suave1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2000, 05:18:00 AM »
What is the topic of this thread anyway ?

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2000, 05:24:00 AM »
<S!>

First of all, I want you all to know that I will not participate, in any way, in the "crap-throwing" that is going on around Med League.  I think we are all old enough to judge what is proper behaviour.

Originally posted by wolf37:

on top of that, I was told I had to let Camo what squad where been moved before the start of the frame, but after doing so, he tells me he does not have to tell me what axis squads are been moved.

Wolf, I am truly sorry on what has happened.     I know Busc and Zigrat might be interested in knowing the squad transfers, since they are the CM's. But as I am the Axis CO, you must understand that letting me know of your squads' whereabouts is not recommended.

I noticed that you mentioned of 2 squad transfers in an email, which I replied to a few hours before the frame start. What you wrote to me didn't have any affect on my battle plan which had been sent already on thursday. I also didn't tell it to anyone else. Basically, I ignored the info, since I've seen too many cases of attempted diversions. Ask Hang about the axis battle plans in frame #1.  

When the frame started, I wasn't sure where your squads were based, other than that one spit squadron that was relocated to the newly captured A18. You were also aware of the G-6 squad that was relocated to A6.  

Wolf, please accept my apologies.  I hope you understand my view.

I am trying to do my best to keep this show on the read, despite the hardships we are going through.  I'm not sure what to do with all the personal issues.  But what I *will* do, is my part as the Axis CO - provide my pilots with good (?) plans and leadership.

I am also aware that we need co-ordination and a good leader on the other side. It has been windy there at the top and I truly hope the allies will get their things in order.  

I am available if you need help.

Best regards,

Axis CO - Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2000, 05:27:00 AM »
Suave, sorry for the thread hijack.  

I also agree that Ch1 & Ch2 should be reserved to command staff use only.

Axis CO - Camo
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2000, 07:37:00 AM »
Suave is totally correct.

In fact just last week I sent around a "scenario pilots handbook", for Afrika Corps, that stressed Radio Discipline.

And I know its something I demand totally as a CO also.

There are ways to take care of "Chatty" players that are abusing radio discipline, and in Afrika Corps it will be used.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2000, 06:48:00 AM »
All work and no fun

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"