Author Topic: airfield question?  (Read 447 times)

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
airfield question?
« on: April 04, 2008, 10:32:55 PM »
Quick question, is there a way to pull up a map on your notepad to the airfield that you are currently at because Im having a hard time taxiing around trying to find the right hangar and other important places that I should be at.

Also, is there a way to pull up a map to a particular enemy base that you were planning a route to bomb on? Im saying like an up close aeriel view of an enemy airfield to see buildings and other places to bomb.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 10:34:49 PM by shotgunneeley »
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
Re: airfield question?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 10:50:40 PM »
Yes, in fact there is.  First, bring up your clipboard (esc).  Then right click with your mouse on your map/clipboard.  A set of options will come up, one of them being "Clipboard Maps."  Under that there are options to view maps for VH's, small/medium/large airfields, ports, etc...  Even strat buildings.

Under the trainers tab, "Home" - "Game Info" - "Need Training" there is a section where you can find the printable version of all of those maps.

Good luck.

donkey
2sBlind

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 10:51:55 PM »
First, you can start your flight directly from a runway. See this link: Link>>

Right click on map and select "Clipboard Maps" to see illustration of airfields and other areas.

Offline stephen waldron

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 07:42:25 PM »
    Someone should mention to you these ClipBoard Maps are only generic pictures of bases.  They are NOT a picture of the "specific" base location you are going to hit.  So don't expect the "orientation" of the target base and the ClipBoard Map picture to be the same.  It probably won't be.
    Also you will on occassion run into a base that doesn't correspond to it's ClipBoard Map.  I made a bomb run on a PORT once, that had NO DOCKS.  It was laid out like a Medium AirBase instead.  I've only seen this once.. so it was probably an error of some kind.  But who knows ?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 07:48:59 PM »
    Someone should mention to you these ClipBoard Maps are only generic pictures of bases.  They are NOT a picture of the "specific" base location you are going to hit.  So don't expect the "orientation" of the target base and the ClipBoard Map picture to be the same.  It probably won't be.

Most probably it is oriented like your clipboard map shows, but it isnt guaranteed: There are one or two maps out there in which it isn't that way. The one that immediately comes to my mind is Compello, but i'm not sure if there is another one like that out there.

Also you will on occassion run into a base that doesn't correspond to it's ClipBoard Map.  I made a bomb run on a PORT once, that had NO DOCKS.  It was laid out like a Medium AirBase instead.  I've only seen this once.. so it was probably an error of some kind.  But who knows ?

This only happens on the Ozkansas map - that's the only one where the designer deliberately chose to make some of the ports airfields at the same time. All other maps are "standard"
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 07:51:12 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 12:51:11 AM »
Don't forget that on the ground external, F3, view IS enabled to help your taxi-ing.
Next best thing to having a ground crew membber sitting on the wing directing you.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54