Author Topic: Why do You fly what You fly??  (Read 3560 times)

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
Why do You fly what You fly??
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2001, 02:16:00 PM »
P38-L coz it's a hot plane wich is truely multirole.

the spitv for base vulch defense

the TBM for bombing and playing with the peanut guns  

For the rest all bombers for what's needed

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2001, 08:34:00 PM »
P51

Why?
 - Fast
 - Very fast and purposefull looking
 - Brings me safly home
 - Amazing hi-speed handling.
 - Long range.
 - historicall

And the best reason:
IF you have ever seen one do a 500 MPH fly by at 100 feet with that whining growl of that Packard-Merlin V12, you'll understand instantly  
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2001, 08:48:00 PM »
P-51D

I have no idea. I started in AWIII as my first WWII sim about 4 years ago now.

I got in the P-51 almost by instinct. Flew it and flew it until I couldn't fly it anymore. Then I got in and flew it again.

I love her shape. I love her style. She is fast and oh so smooth. She purrs just right and takes me wherever I want to go. She always gives me whatever I ask of her. She is my dream come true.

Is it no wonder I named her "Darling Debbie?"

------------------
"Wing up, Get kills, Be happy"

Midnight
13th TAS
 midnight@13thtas.com

"I see you have made your decision. Now let's see you enforce it." -Brandon Lee (The Crow)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2001, 11:48:00 PM »
-The P51, 'cause it felt right.
-Then the Niki, 'cause it really felt right (TnBer at heart)
-Then the F6F, 'cause I like the feeling of sending a bunch of rounds into an aircraft and watching it decintigrate...cannons kill too quickly
-Now the P51 again, has the .50s, fun to turnfight Chogs and LuftWaffles in, and I can run away like a sissy when I need to!

by ElWobbley
especally folks that fly Non-dweeb planes like the tiffie, yak, la5, p-38,

And retarded comments like this one keep me upping in the Niki from time to time doing nothing but HO sorties.  Last time I was up, I even managed to HO two B17s in a row...great fun, but no whines  

SOB

Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2001, 12:00:00 AM »
The P51-D ..... Mainly becase of the Packard-Merlin V1650-7.. 12 cylinder.. 1649 Cubic inch.. inline(1490hp).. box of Thunder under the cowl! Besides that .... All the ROOK and Knight Sheep get really "hot" when they see us screem by them. It's really fun to read the text buffer as the Whining "stump bumpers" yell at us to slow down so they can get a shot off! There is no finer ride in the air then the "Cadilac of the Skies!"

Thunder **13th TAS**
Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2001, 08:04:00 PM »

------------------

BOOM!

[This message has been edited by GRUNHERZ (edited 03-02-2001).]

Offline Kronos

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2001, 08:24:00 PM »
p47d-30.  I like its loadout better than the d25,(ie 10 rockets better than 6) and I swear, although no-one believes me, I think it rolls slightly better at high speeds than does the d25.  Its a plane that very few people fly therefore when u see that plane in the sky, a real man is flying it    the 8 .50 cals make quite a show as they connect against a buff's wing or tail.  The Dutch roll is hypnotizing when ur climbing out at 170 mph with 2500 lbs of bombs, 10 rockets, and a full tank of gas.  
And most of all... u just look cool in it  

However, on the flipside of the coin... I still like taking a ride in my old favorite the 109.  It doesn't matter what version, they're all fun to fly.

------------------
Kronos
CO No. 272 Squadron "Whispering Death"
---> http://members.home.net/wchiasson/no272/

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2001, 08:49:00 PM »
The Spitfire won the war for the Allies as it kept the American C.V. Great Britannia afloat.

Once the sleeping giant of American industrial might was awoken, the plane becomes insignificant compared to the numbers that could be produced. It's just some thing to stir the coals between the P38/47/51 afficianados. In reality it could well have been Brewster Buffalo's, there was no way the Reich was going to keep up with American production on the Western Front, and Russian disregard for her own losses on the Eastern Front.

Creamo, you're a dick as you're one of the people that thinks $30 a month entitles you to an intellect. If you had half the perception as you have self esteem, you'd realise it behoves any community to be inclusive, not exclusive. Being an MA flyer guarantees neither knowledge nor ability.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2001, 09:03:00 PM »
Seeker are you sure he can understand your last few sentances?   Smaller words for Creamo ok.

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2001, 09:32:00 PM »
What Ice said. Plus, I feel totally secure from everything except stupidity.  

------------------
***-*-

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2001, 09:53:00 PM »

Creamo, you're a dick as you're one of the people that thinks $30 a month entitles you to an intellect. If you had half the perception as you have self esteem, you'd realise it behoves any community to be inclusive, not exclusive. Being an MA flyer guarantees neither knowledge nor ability.

The can of whoophiney I suspect is about to be opened on ya notwithstanding, what does the above have to do with Creamo challenging yet another thinly disguised slam at other flyers' rides of choice? Creamo may have been coarse about it, but he was absolutely right, IMHeinousO.

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2001, 09:59:00 PM »

P-51D....The Cadillac of the Skies!

Yup, going 45mph in the left lane with the turn signal stuck on!  

Seriously, I have grown to love the 51 in the last tour- it has enough balance to do it all. Not quite the best at anything really, but 85-90% in most categories. Using your head in it means you don't die much, and you can choose your terms in a fight.

TheWobble

« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2001, 11:03:00 PM »

yet another thinly disguised slam at other flyers' rides of choice

WHAT?! You daft or something!?

I dont want to "slam" anything, i just often find myself flying and i see lots people seem to always fly the same ride all the time, it made me wonder "why do they always fly the xxx?, what do they like about it so much?"  hence the thread.  I think this thread was a good idea because it may open players to planes that they never considered flying, and aside from a few RETARDED comments its going just fine, noone is "slamming" anyone's rides, just saying WHY THEY FLY WHAT THEY FLY!
Sheesh, be a paranoid fruit why dont ya...

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2001, 11:50:00 PM »

noone is "slamming" anyone's rides, just saying WHY THEY FLY WHAT THEY FLY!
Sheesh, be a paranoid fruit why dont ya... - wobble

especally folks that fly Non-dweeb planes like the tiffie, yak, la5, p-38, - wobble

p.s. C-Hog and NIK flyers need not answer, we already know why - wobble

SwampRat

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2001, 12:05:00 AM »
"Fly'em all" is my motto  I decide what I want to do, then pick a plane I haven't flown in awhile that fits the particular job.  Is that wierd?
Swamp