Author Topic: Sundays Scenario Reflections..(long)  (Read 942 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Sundays Scenario Reflections..(long)
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2000, 01:22:00 PM »
Ram I agree with you last post entirly. I dont think we had those ratios...but we were alot closer this time....
We should all accept that we are primarily trying to show a simulate this type of engagement...not see if we can get the city...Cave did and excellent jog of getting the buffs in order... There was lots of confusion right befor lauch as people were harrassed into changing sides and as they arrived they insisted on instructions imediatly... cave was swamped....I tried to XO a little for him and give some private channel heads ups to newcomers...but we where pushing to meet the lauch time and were swamped by the sheer numbers...no one expected nearly 70 people to be there.
I would like to repost my readme idea for the special events arena......99% of the people there wanted to do what ever they could to make it an excellent event....there were prob a few that coulnt be pried out of thers lw iron for the world...no big deal.....but instructions posted here and then again when people login into the arena would make it much better....next one will have 80 + people we will need to be more organised...

------------------
Pongo
The Wrecking Crew

JENG

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2000, 06:37:00 PM »
Excellent posts...

I flew as wingman for ripsnort... I came in before any others to see if I could help out. I told CJ that I would fly whatever was needed. It turned out that I flew LW. There were indeed many LW... maybe to many.

I enjoyed the experience very much, but something seemed a bit odd... and I believe many LW pilots can attest for that... there weren't that many buffs (maybe the same problem with the planelimit) I could only count about 10 but then again I was going down fast..  

My suggestions
1) give organisers CM-status. So they can alter settings (iconrange, icons on or off,etc) and ban people who are disrupting the event.
2) This may seem a bit harsh but maybe it's better to pre-register for events like these. It would have made the job alot easier (balancing of numbers) if CJ knew the exact number of people participating. I'm not saying that walkons shouldn't get a chance but only registered pilots should have a garanteed chance to participate.
3)Look for the availabillity of multi-channel voice-comms (like Teamstream or battlecom) or otherwise assign multiple channels for RW (bout 4 per group).

All in all I enjoyed this very much... big hats off to CJ, kieren, redstar, pongo, ripsnort and all the participants.

BTW... pongo I think I shot you down   at least I got the first kill on the textbuffer so it has to be you...

------------------
BEE
'Nemo Impune Lacessit'

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by JENG (edited 02-28-2000).]

Offline Tern

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2000, 11:36:00 AM »
  Well... Great job for getting it as far as she went. <S>  

Just cannot figure why the enemy never showed on my FE except as DOTS.  For sure I cannot see how my wingy at D3 behind me could not see my killer when he was looking straight at me as I died.  

Is there an icon limitation, or does the VooDoo3 AGP 3000 I have in my ancient K6-2-450 just not like me?    (Yes I have the latest updated drivers for the videao card.)

Anyway, thanks again for putting the fight together    enjoyed the banter and the formation flights.  Especially RedStars 'turn signals'  >>>>  = right turn, etc. :P

------------------
Tern
"Live to Fly!  Fly to Fight!  Fight to Live!"