Author Topic: Re: Stall Limiter  (Read 254 times)

Offline bucky145

• Zinc Member
Re: Stall Limiter
« on: May 20, 2008, 05:01:08 PM »
holy crap this is complicated.  i have no idea where to begin
always be nice to guys in the help forum, you'll never know if they give you bad advice until its too late.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 09:26:15 PM »
holy crap this is complicated.  i have no idea where to begin

Bucky,

Keep it simple.

Take stall limiter off , leave combat trim on (unless you fly a 38 perhaps), use manual trim occasionally to pull out of a fast dive when you are compressing.

The benefits of manual trim in a fight are largely myth, it will cost you more fiddling with manual trim than focussing on the fight.  CT is fine.

I come from a land downunder

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 07:33:31 AM »
I agree with redd bucky.

Personally I fly with CT off, and if I get the feeling that I'm out of trim I just hit control X twice.
Plane is trimmed, not perfectly, but its easy enough to do in the middle of a fight.
Partially depends on what plane your flying. 109's & P38 will take more manual trim than spits and Yaks.

Another alternative that I have tested, but not extensively.
Is to setup trim to use a 3rd stick set. You could use either SS3 or 4. Set a button to switch alternate stick sets.
(In SS1, set button to jump to ss3, in SS3, set the same button to jump to SS1, makes an alternating switch affair)

Then pitch trim is your forward, back on stick. Aileron trim is left right on stick, rudder trim is your rudder.
So if you get into a "need to trim manually NOW" click the button, trim it, then click back into flight mode.