Author Topic: SEA arena mistake  (Read 298 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
SEA arena mistake
« on: May 19, 2000, 09:56:00 PM »
Sorry Udie. After asking what the deal in the SEA was, Ripsnort kindly replied "no icons, Knight=allied, Bish=LW". Thanks, btw Rip, sometimes ya have to wait ages for somebody to simply respond.

So... I took an F4 up. Allied, right? Well, it was a mistake. Next thing I know, I'm gettin' screamed at in caps by you udie. I finally make out that you were talkin' about my plane type. It was just then that I learned that this was ETO historical, therefore no F4. I said something to the effect of "oops, didn't know that, I'll replane... but ya gotta kill me 1st  ". Still comin' over the text buffer was you saying "YOU DON'T NEED TO BE RUDE, DUDE". I should apologize... the "ya gotta kill me first" was just a joke, I was already inna nose-dive to auger and replane.

So I'm standin' in the tower now, and yer still going on about loss of respect for me etc. etc.

I'm strictly a play-by-the rules kinda guy. I wasn't in there trying to wreak havok in my F4. I'm not sure I deserved that kinda berating by you, but it was clearly my mistake. Kinda lost my taste for flying for a few hours, but I'll get over it - I'm not used to causing that kinda reaction by people. I just wanted to let you know that it was definately not intentional, and if I return to the SEA I will wait for any and all the details (if it means I wait in the tower for an hr) before coming up in the wrong plane.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
SEA arena mistake
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2000, 10:43:00 PM »
Nash-

You have to understand there is an undercurrent of emotion present over the F4U-1C at the moment. The setup selected as ETO eliminates the 1C from the lineup, and most everyone present during this time seems pleased about it. You didn't know, and didn't mean to raise anyone's ire. Understand, the scab is still fresh.  

I propose that PTO be run twice a week, and allow the 1D and N1K2J (or 1C if all are willing, I don't care).

Forgive the emotions at the moment and give the SEA another try- I know you would like it!

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
SEA arena mistake
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2000, 04:22:00 PM »
Nash,

Sorry I snapped at you like that.  I thought you were realy going to stay and fight in that 1c.  That plane was the reason why I started trying to get people in the SEA this week  

And I know you're a play by the rules kind of guy.  That's what suprised me so much when you said i'd have to shoot you down.  It made my short fuse get even shorter. No respect lost    You more than welcome to join in any time we like good sticks   makes for exciting fights.

Udie

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
SEA arena mistake
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2000, 06:01:00 PM »
Nash, Udie, interested SEA dwellers, I was leaked by the unmistable N1K1 right in the heat of killing the LW. I didn't like it too much, either. I'll be back, but I would like the SEA to have a good channel map (which I will gladly work on as soon as the T.E. is ready) and I would like to see arena tools made available, too.  

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
SEA arena mistake
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2000, 07:36:00 AM »
K, gud, cheers.