Author Topic: Mighty 8th Part 2  (Read 821 times)

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Mighty 8th Part 2
« on: March 13, 2000, 10:31:00 AM »
Cut from scenario forum:

Sunday, April 2nd, at 3pm EST/8pm ZULU
Mighty 8th is Rook, LW is Knight.
The raid will use B17s, B26s, P38s, P51s, and all the LW aircraft.

Each bomber flight will have it's own target and will use carpet bombing, bomb on the leader (all members of that flight drop when thier leader does).

Arena settings (hopefully =)
Killshooter off
Radar off (except for a couple of towers in knightland (if possible))
Icons off (possibily, it's debateable)

A couple of observers will be needed, flying aircraft types not involved in the fighting. These aircraft are not to be engaged, nor are they to engage =) The are mainly here to observe and take screenshots of the carpet bombing (assuming bombers make thier targets).

The rules are simple. No replaning. If you go down, you're out. You can join a bomber as a gunner if any are needed, but that's it. If you want to check out the damage done to the target or just watch, you can replane in one of the observer types. Any observer-type aircraft caught engaging will be reported.

Registration is required, walkins will be assigned if/where needed.
Exact targets and flightplans will be sent via the secure comms links.

---------------------------

Comments-suggestions-questions-ideas
I'll need a LW CO, who may want/need to pick several flight leads. I may also need a couple of flight leads for the allies. I'll lead the 17s, and I'm pretty sure Redstar will lead the 38s.

I may setup 2 flights of 26s or 2 flights of 17s (only one or t'other), depending on how many bomber pilots register.

Hey guys, let's get a head start on this one. BaneX, are you LW CO? Cave, I assume you are the Allied CO, have the fighter FL's been picked yet?

Let's get some people rolling on this!  

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
Mighty 8th Part 2
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2000, 10:39:00 AM »
Hey Kieren,

If you need any help with this one, don't be shy to ask me

mx22

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Mighty 8th Part 2
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2000, 10:41:00 AM »
Hey, this is Cave's event, just punting it up here! Contact CavemanJ for more info.

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Mighty 8th Part 2
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2000, 10:54:00 AM »
repost from the general discussion board:

Ya beat me to it Kieren
I've had a pretty hectic week and posting this has slipped my mind, thanks.
Yes, I'll be the allied CO. Anyone interested in being an allied flight leader email me with your handle and which type you want to lead. I'll pick the FLs probaby this coming saturday or sunday and email the initial opords to them. LW pilots hold off for now, until I confirm who the LW CO will be, then you can email him for FL positions.

We had a much larger than anticipated turnout for the first run of the Mighty 8th vs LW, so I'm planning this one around a similar number of participating pilots.

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
Mighty 8th Part 2
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2000, 11:32:00 AM »
Count me IN  

Bull

Mighty 8th Part 2
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2000, 12:24:00 PM »
One question,

Observer A/C

If icons are off, how do you know the dot your after is not a "legal" a/c until you've wasted the time to investigate the con?

Bull
The Wrecking Crew

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
Mighty 8th Part 2
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2000, 08:48:00 AM »
Kieren, I have a question, what/where is the "scenario forum"?  I can't find the original post you quoted anywhere and I would hate to miss this type of event.

Also  Bull has a good point about icons.  I would love the no icon thing but the observer planes might be a problem  

I'm certainly not comfortable to sign up for a lead position but I definitely want to try to fly.  Will there be a signup page soon (April 2 is only 2.5 weeks)?

Thanks

Fury

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
Mighty 8th Part 2
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2000, 09:05:00 AM »
Count me in   Prefer allied.  Willing to fly anything ya need Cavey

Rocket

------------------
The Red Dragons
Fierce and Bold
With Honour and Courage

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Mighty 8th Part 2
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2000, 09:38:00 AM »
Please stack the odds in Allied favor, JG2  and LW need to lose one of these scenarios  or our heads will ever inflate until we start to look like this:

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
Aces High Training Corps
JG2 "Richthofen"

"Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them."

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 03-14-2000).]

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Mighty 8th Part 2
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2000, 10:36:00 AM »
Fury-

It is a private forum, started by Vermillion. He had previously asked for any interested parties (people interested in the organization and development of scenarios) to contact him. Some of us did, and we were allowed access to the forum. If you are interested in helping out, contact Vermillion!  

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Mighty 8th Part 2
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2000, 10:55:00 AM »
ok, in the thread in the general discussion board BaneX said he's be CO for the LuftWaffe.

All LW pilots email BaneX to register encallain@stic.net

All allied pilots email me to register  cavemanj@99main.com

Keep in mind we will need alot more allied pilots than lw pilots.  Registration is first come, first assigned.  The long you wait, the more odds are you'll be stuck somewhere other than what you wanted (unless ya wanna fly a buff =)

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
Mighty 8th Part 2
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2000, 11:31:00 AM »
Ok Kieren, I do remember that from a while back, thanks for clearing it up.  I'm more of a follower than a leader, and I've never assisted in planning anything like this in my life, that's probably why I did not send in my request to Vermillion back then    Maybe I will make a request now, although like I said I would have no idea what is going on.

Fury

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
Mighty 8th Part 2
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2000, 11:32:00 AM »
HOT DA*N it takes 30 posts to loose that Junior Member tag!

Fury

Offline BaneX

• Zinc Member
Mighty 8th Part 2
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2000, 12:40:00 PM »
You're gonna need that horde of allied pilots, but it doesn't matter. With my superior tactical planning I shall decimate your pitful attempt on the motherland. ALL Allied pilots will die a useless death  

Oh also, those people registering for the LW side. Please include the aircraft you would like to fly including the variant so I can break things up into flights. Would make thigs run much smoother.

------------------
BaneX

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by BaneX (edited 03-14-2000).]

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Mighty 8th Part 2
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2000, 01:07:00 PM »
Ooooh... Bane talking some serious smack! Are there no Allied pilots to defend against the Hun? Certainly there are some prestigious 38 or 51 pilots that can make Bane pay for his Aryan Arrogance?