Author Topic: The top three issues most important to you in the upcoming Presidential election  (Read 633 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Need to restore the value of the dollar (or at least make the world THINK we are gonna do that, which is mebbe good enough for the short term) and figger out some way to make it unappealing to speculate on oil futures
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
BTW, the reason I don't want Alaska drilled yet is that I'd much rather we use all the other countries oil first.  If we drill now, then we'll run out the same time as everyone else, anyone ever consider the strategic implications of this? 

What are the strategic implications of going bankrupt?

Oil is about 40% of the trade deficit.

Energy policy that makes us energy self sufficient strengthens our economy, strengthens the dollar, and strengthens our foreign policy.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
And then we run out of oil at the same time as everyone else and have no military advantage.  If we help everyone else consume their oil first while it's cheap, then we're left with out own source we can both control who gets gas and what the price is.  Countries that export their natural resources for short term gain are giving away the farm and taking the short term view in a world that needs long term vision.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
chair... I would allow offshore drilling and the building of nuke plants.   You get cheap electrical and the oil is not as big a deal.   you drill offshore and you will find lots of oil tho.

Neither one of these things will happen under a democrat.   They will simply put a bigger tax on oil to punish us for being alive.

lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Unless there's a big breakthrough in solar or bio fuels in the very near future, I think we will have to build some more nuke plants. The French and Japanese seem to be able to do it safely.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
yes.. but they are evil countries who don't care about the birdies and fishies and the three eyed newt.

lazs

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Unless there's a big breakthrough in solar or bio fuels in the very near future, I think we will have to build some more nuke plants. The French and Japanese seem to be able to do it safely.
cough inertial electrostatic fusion cough
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you