Author Topic: TOD for Thursday...Operation Lamplight  (Read 613 times)

Rojo

TOD for Thursday...Operation Lamplight
« on: September 25, 2000, 10:47:00 AM »
Hi, gang.  The TOD mission for this Thursday is the intercept of a night-time RAF bombing raid, played in the SEA at 2200 EST.  We will need volunteers for three different jobs: 1) Buff pilots, 2) buff gunners, 3) Ground Control Intercept (GCI) officers.  We'll will be doing this without icons, without radar, and with arena time set to approximately midnight.  TOD pilots will have to attempt to intercept bombers by following target bearing, heading, and distance information provided by GCI. Interceptors will operate in groups of two, while buffs will be in groups of three and travelling by different and staggered routes.

Let me know via a post here if you can be there, and what job you'd like to fill.  Thanks.

------------------
Sabre, a.k.a. Rojo
(S-2, The Buccaneers)

Offline Baddawg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dogfighter.com
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2000, 11:11:00 AM »
I am currently filling a casket  .
Let me know what you want me to do I will gladly help

2Cool

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2000, 12:27:00 PM »
(speaking mechanically like a zombie he has turned into)
H-i S-a-b-r-e. I w-i-l-l r-i-s-e f-r-o-m m-y g-r-a-v-e i-f I h-a-v-e t-h-e s-t-r-e-n-g-t-h. (will be 5am in Finland, so do not hold ur breath   )
I'd p-r-e-f-e-r f-l-y-i-n-g d-u-t-y, b-u-t w-i-l-l d-o w-h-a-t-e-v-e-r i-s n-e-c-e-s-s-a-r-y.

2Cool

Offline WarChild

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2000, 01:11:00 PM »
I will be there.. i am alive, just have missed the last 4 TOD's... WELL NO MORE I SWEAR IT.  I will be there to pick up the reigns of our fallen pilots.  I will avenge your deaths!

PS where is that SCORE Board kills deths shot downs and such  

------------------
WarChild
VMF-323 ~Death Rattlers~
"Where's the Charmin!"

Yellojkt

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2000, 08:18:00 AM »
   Gunny and I will be there again,we'll see if we can pull anyone else in from our squad to play as well. The last time you said that we were useing the old Roger Wilco. I tried to download a new version but nothing happened. Can anyone give me any help with the Wilco?  

------------------
Yellojkt
-XO- Night Hawks

Rojo

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2000, 09:27:00 AM »
Yellowjkt, don't know about the RW issue.  If the version you're using works in the MA with everyone else, then you're probably using a valid version.  See you there, and this time you and your fellow squadies should be able to fly with the TOD pilots.  If you want to officially register, send me an email with your name (optional, but nice to have), your call sign, squad (if applicable), and your time-zone.  Thanks.

------------------
Sabre, a.k.a. Rojo
(S-2, The Buccaneers)

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2000, 10:58:00 AM »
Any chance of the TOD moving to a different day?  Or time?  I would like to join, but I have previous commitments to my bowling team on Thursday nights that make it impossible to get home before 9:45 or so central time.  Just thought I would ask.

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2000, 01:37:00 PM »

Originally posted by sling322:
Any chance of the TOD moving to a different day?  Or time?  I would like to join, but I have previous commitments to my bowling team on Thursday nights that make it impossible to get home before 9:45 or so central time.  Just thought I would ask.

ToD is also flown on Saturdays, at 4PM EST.

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Rojo

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2000, 01:53:00 PM »
Unfortunately, attendance at the Saturday TOD missions has been down dramatically, and we did not run one over the last two Saturdays.

The original plan was to have a TOD mission on Thursday evenings (EST), Saturday midafternoon (EST), and one other time on a weekday during the middle of the day (EST).  That way, there would be two times each week accessable to USA pilots as well as European players.  The current Thursday evening missions translate to approximately 0500 GMT, which is problematic for those on the other side of the pond.

Due to various circumstances, the plan sort of fell apart, and the Thursday and Saturday missions are the only ones that got on the schedule.  Then the Saturday missions fell victim to poor attendance, as well as events transpiring at home.  I've been meaning to post a poll request to see if interest in the Saturday missions was high enough to make the effort to resurrect them.

------------------
Sabre, a.k.a. Rojo
(S-2, The Buccaneers)

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2000, 03:58:00 PM »
Sounds good to me Rojo.  I would be interested in joining some Saturday events.  Just let me know.

Offline newguy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2000, 08:48:00 PM »
I havent participated in any previous TOD's, but I will be a buff pilot, or gunner, as needed. I dont think I would be much use on the ground, but I will fill in there too if you need.

newguy
The Wrecking Crew

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2000, 01:59:00 AM »

Originally posted by Rojo:
The current Thursday evening missions translate to approximately 0500 GMT, which is problematic for those on the other side of the pond.

Heh, I know.  22EST is 3AM GMT, which is 5AM my time.  

If the saturdays won't work how about sundays?  I don't know of the rest of you, but my saturdays are much more busy than my sundays...

I'll try to get myself out of the bed tomorrow morning!  

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

funked

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2000, 12:23:00 PM »
I hereby volunteer 308 Sqn as Lancaster cannon-fodder.  

busc

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2000, 10:19:00 AM »
icons off? How u did tht? just tellin people to switch off icons or now it is possible to switch off icons for all w/cm privs? plz reply   BuSc

Rojo

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2000, 10:51:00 AM »
Busc: Icons off handled via honor system.

------------------
Sabre, a.k.a. Rojo
(S-2, The Buccaneers)