Author Topic: Re: New KOTH Rules  (Read 4909 times)

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
Re: New KOTH Rules
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 11:26:15 AM »
What does dogpiling mean?
U on the bottom of the pile when everyone jumps on.  In AH it basically the samething.  Everyone is on u.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 11:53:19 AM »

Bosco, this rule is new, and was not in place during the February KOTH.  Are you suggesting this was the reason M00t was punished? 

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 12:20:13 PM »

That rule came a little after the fact...  But what the hell, let's just get after m00t becuase action had to be taken against lute... :rolleyes:

donkey
2sBlind

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 12:26:54 PM »
Like Roc said, people not involved don't get details.  
The reason why this doesn't fly is this was aired in public and many of us got the impression that there was bias(by the CM's) going on against certain players and squads.  We were all involved.  So in fairness to the event and all that were intently caught up in the situation, it would be in the best interest of the KOTH CM's to "explain" their actions.  The old, "I will not explain my decision" crap is not going to fly with many of us.  If m00t broke a rule that was posted before Febuary, then point us to that rule so that we may understand what not to do to stay inside of the rules in the first place.  You have to remember, it wasn't just Lute that was questioned, it was all the CM's, and to have Lute gone and the CM's left still giving out punishments on the incident won't fly......without explanations!   :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 01:25:34 PM »
What does dogpiling mean?

I guess we should change that to wabbitpiling.
[ We wont though, just note that was a humerous reply.]
Multiple people going after the wabbit or two time winners.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 03:50:16 PM »
It was one of those rules that were not explained in the rules, but more of a rule of honor. So to make this as clear as possible for you guys heres pretty much what sums it up:

1. He was cheating by talking on squad, which then he upheald to try and get someone else in trouble, he ADMITTED that he had done somthing wrong and knew the cosequences when he sent the email to ROC of fuzeman which ever one.

If you are still saying that it is a new rule, Take this into mind: I was suspended for talking on squad. It is just that simple, he got himself and the CM during that time to get him in trouble as well.

I hope that, this is as clear as possible.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 05:42:13 PM »

1. He was cheating by talking on squad

Can you prove this?  I doubt it, because this is an untrue statement! 

This whole debacle started long before this latest episode, and it needs overhauling with full public disclosure!

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 05:51:33 PM »
Can you prove this?  I doubt it, because this is an untrue statement! 

Right here.  Your own squad member.
This whole debacle started long before this latest episode, and it needs overhauling with full public disclosure!
Like Roc said, people not involved don't get details.  Besides, simple solution here if u want the answer, ask m00t.  He alrdy knew what he broke when he sent the film to us.  He said it himself in the email.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 07:08:40 PM »
1. He was cheating by talking on squad, which then he upheald to try and get someone else in trouble,
Are you talking about me?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 07:10:37 PM »
Edit: Never Mind
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 07:33:18 PM »
If you didnt want us to know about this, you wouldve never posted this in public view.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 07:37:27 PM »
That rule came a little after the fact...  But what the hell, let's just get after m00t becuase action had to be taken against lute... :rolleyes:

donkey

Pretty much what it comes down to... Total BS...
"strafing"

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2008, 07:40:57 PM »
BiPolar, you are correct, and I've already explained it to the KOTH team.  That doesn't change anything though.

Skyrock, you got me curious.

We were all involved.  So in fairness to the event and all that were intently caught up in the situation,

What I saw, the players involved were dealt with.  I didn't see you as part of this at all.  Is there something else out there I need to see?

If you were involved, I'd like to see that.  If you Chose to make yourself involved with something that didn't concern you, well that is your problem and I can't solve that.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 07:42:36 PM by ROC »
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2008, 07:52:24 PM »
The Rules Of Engagement for KOTH.

14) Films are NOW MANDATORY for round winners and
  have to be sent to the host CM’s email to be verified.
* KOTH wins will be announced after films are reviewed
* If no film is received, U forfeit that round and/or the
  KOTH and possibly a invite to TOC.

16) Chat rule
* Text chat is only allowed on squad and range (Only in tower)
  Text.
* PM’s are only allowed to Host CM’s.
* No tactical information is allowed on all text and vox
  channels to any player still flying.
* Tactical means any information regarding to people still
  flying.
* <S> and good fight is still allowed on country channel
  and chn 101.
* No check 6’s are allowed at ALL Times!

actually  Rule# 14 has ben in place for almost a year ( at least the 1st (2) sections of it )........going back to some incident that happened in KOTH , where some shades account or oldtimer/new handle player was flying

and Rule #16 has been here since  a handful of people were caught on channel 169, which predates the Rule# 14......

just saying......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2008, 08:00:02 PM »
Skyrock, you got me curious.

What I saw, the players involved were dealt with.  I didn't see you as part of this at all.  Is there something else out there I need to see?

If you were involved, I'd like to see that.  If you Chose to make yourself involved with something that didn't concern you, well that is your problem and I can't solve that.

Ahh here we go the start of more vindictive BS ..
"strafing"