Author Topic: Logs request - filter out PT kills in totals?  (Read 464 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Logs request - filter out PT kills in totals?
« on: June 07, 2008, 03:52:38 PM »
Got a request here. Not sure if it's possible.

Looking at the logs for frame one I noticed tuxc got 8 kills. Most impressive, considering almost all the other top scorers got 4.

I'm NOT picking on tux, just using his name because he had the top axis score.

So I go check out tuxc's kills, and he's only killed 4 planes, and then later 4 PTs.

As far as I understand, PTs don't factor into the score at all. They're not counted.

Is there any way to "adjust" the total kills, best pilots, etc, to remove all the countless PTs that are padding the stats? I'm curious who the best squad was that DIDN'T kill 50+ PT boats but no fighters (for example)

EDIT: Another example: Unforgiven are listed as top kills squadron for allies, but of their 45 kills, 12 are PTs. Meaning they have 33 "real" kills. Army of Muppets, on the other hand, have 41 kills, but none of these are PTs, so they would then be the top kills squadron by a wide margin (33 vs 41).

The PTs kinda screw up all the tallies at the bottom (the summaries)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 04:02:01 PM by Krusty »

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
Re: Logs request - filter out PT kills in totals?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 04:11:36 PM »

The logs are all one stream and not easy to pull certain events out of.  -- would require more coding and is not something to be done in the near future.  As it appears 500 players upping multiple times may be causing a whole lot of data parsing that the program wasn't really designed to handle as seen by some of the issues with the logs.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 04:18:39 PM »
"I'm curious who the best squad was that DIDN'T kill 50+ PT boats but no fighters (for example)"

Pretty easy one Krusty...

Axis: JG11 'Sonderstaffel' : 14 air to air kills.

Allies: AoM : 41 air to air kills.

Salute AoM.  :aok
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 04:34:26 PM »
Wow 41 air to air kills, that has to be a FSO record, <S>AoM.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 09:32:46 AM »
I doubt its a record hehe. I know that in the Aleutians Island setup we ran a little while back we (AOm) had 50 some + kills but there were issues with the logs so we never had "official" proof only the totals we gathered from our films. It was fun hehe we had the only 12 P38s for the frame and just played rope a dope with all the A6Ms. There was one point in the frame where it was scotch and myself vs like 15 zekes and the 15 zekes all died, Ill have to ask him if he still has the film and post it up.

<S> Stampf and Trax, we where just in the right place at the right time sorta thing. :D

:salute
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline TUXC

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 01:09:20 PM »
Got a request here. Not sure if it's possible.

Looking at the logs for frame one I noticed tuxc got 8 kills. Most impressive, considering almost all the other top scorers got 4.

I'm NOT picking on tux, just using his name because he had the top axis score.

So I go check out tuxc's kills, and he's only killed 4 planes, and then later 4 PTs.

I don't consider the PT kills to be real kills either.  :aok
Tuxc123

JG11