Author Topic: Virus warning! (details inside)  (Read 381 times)

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Virus warning! (details inside)
« on: January 22, 2001, 12:41:00 PM »
So far today I've seen 3 posts in the tech support forum that were caused by a nasty virus called W32.hybris.gen.  I had this virus on my computer back in December and it took me 2 days to figure out what was wrong.

What happens to AH if you get it:  While flying in your plane all of the sudden your joystick will start to spike, then some sounds will cut out.  If you end the sortie and then respawn autotakeoff will be on, RW disabled, views reset, convergences reset, auto trim on, and your gunsight will be white.  You will also have no gun sounds.

The virus is called W32.hybris.gen.  If you have these symptoms you need to update your virus scanner immediately.  (Your antivirus program will not be able to detect this virus unless it was updated within the last 1.5 months.)  This virus has recently been able to update itself!  It is now possible for the virus to infect every executable file on your system!

Here is a link to a Symantec description of the virus for more info:  http://service1.symantec.com/sarc/sarc.nsf/html/W95.Hybris.gen.html

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2001, 03:04:00 PM »
I think i caught another one the other day.
Symptoms:
 - Colliding with other planes and dieing
 - Getting shot down at the top of your loop by a chog that 'came from no-where'
 - Augering into the sea whilst strangly compressing at the slow speed of 600 IAS
 - Mysteriously blowing up whilst attackin buffs from dead 6oc.
 - Engine WEP keeps cutting out after 5 mins of WEP.

Must be something similar  
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2001, 03:12:00 PM »
Thanks bloom, have heard a few reports of that behaviour was totaly confused what could be causing it.

HiTech

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2001, 03:39:00 PM »
ITS A PLOT BY THE BISHOPS, WHO ELSE WOULD BE SO EVIL.

------------------
wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS