Author Topic: what is the best way to setting up your scaling  (Read 324 times)

Offline slimmer

• Copper Member
what is the best way to setting up your scaling
« on: June 12, 2008, 02:23:44 AM »
i been messing with my scaling but blacking out  can some one show me a pic of there scaling  :pray please
 :salute
Member: Hot Soup Mafia -chokin chickin noodle
 Army of Muppets

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: what is the best way to setting up your scaling
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 09:19:29 AM »
[img=http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1158/ahscaledy6.th.jpg]

Click on the link above for a screen shot of my settings ^^^

Start with the default settings. Note: you must select a joystick axis in the upper right joystick window. Next check the ADVANCED button and fianally select the DEFAULT button on the lower left window. Do this for both the X and Y axis

Other issues that would contribute to blackouts are:
1. Pulling too many G's
2. Stick is out of calibration. Always calibrate both in Windows AND AH2
3. A faulty joystick. What are you using?

Adding a bit more DAMPING might help. Also, you might try running your joystick through a powered USB hub. Feel free to PM me if you continue to have issues.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 09:21:58 AM by Max »

Offline slimmer

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 09:13:33 PM »
i have the saitek X52
Member: Hot Soup Mafia -chokin chickin noodle
 Army of Muppets

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 10:39:55 AM »
I've had a few Saitek sticks including the X52. The 2 Evos both gave me a considerable amount of nose bounce/drifting to where I had to calibrate them constantly...I mean like every 15 minutes. While the X52 was a lot smoother, the "throw" of the stick was much greater than the Evos. Aside from what I posted above, you have to imput smooth, easy control surface adjustments.

It's possible you just have a bad X52. This issue comes up now and again relative to X52. Have you experienced issues in other games?  Open up the joystick control panel in AH and highlight the X52 joystick in the upper right window. Do you see the numbers next to the X and Y axis jumping around? If so, that would indicate spiking and a stick problem...assuming it's calibrated. Saitek doesn't use "pots" in the X52 and claim it's self calibrating. I've always wondered about that claim. After 5 Saiteks I bought a CH Fighterstick 2 years ago and have been problem free ever since.