Author Topic: Radar...  (Read 5732 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Radar...
« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2008, 02:13:27 PM »
4) But what also must be understood from the other side is any advantage on finding the enemy other tham realistic type takes away thE STRATEGIC PART OF THIS WAR .
Simply looking for a kill is not strategic . Its just a dog-fight
That can be found in the MA arena
So... despite the fact that we killed your argument that darbar is not as 'unhistoric' as you portray it as, your going to keep arguing that it is?

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2008, 02:15:15 PM »
So... despite the fact that we killed your argument that darbar is not as 'unhistoric' as you portray it as, your going to keep arguing that it is?

Aye.  :(
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2008, 02:16:49 PM »

There is a idea . HAVE A AVA as realistic as you can .
Then there are the people that want to make it a place to find any fight withing 5 seconds of logging on.
Somewhere in the middle there has to be an understanding , DARBAR is the answer.
do I think its right NO WAY IN HELL.
Am I going to continue to argue .
NOPE life is too short :huh

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2008, 02:18:16 PM »
Yeah, I think what some people might not understand is that in the AvA, we up fighters to intercept. If you want a successful intercept (that means finding the enemy, for those of you who don't know), you'll have to work for it. You don't up a fighter and expect to have a fight just because you want one. There are other arenas made specifically for that purpose, believe it or not.

The dar bar we are arguing for here is one that cover all friendly airspace, but not enemy airspace. Dot dar is not very realistic and something we can live without imo.

Edit: Regarding level bombing in AH, that's something you could teach a 5 year old to do.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 02:20:36 PM by 33Vortex »

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2008, 02:19:41 PM »
I like BarDar, only thing i would change was that it wouldn't show you enemy's upping from rear bases. Maybe see enemy bar a sector two from front line.

That said the way it works now is fine with me.

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2008, 02:24:00 PM »
Yeah, I think what some people might not understand is that in the AvA, we up fighters to intercept. If you want a successful intercept (that means finding the enemy, for those of you who don't know), you'll have to work for it. You don't up a fighter and expect to have a fight just because you want one. There are other arenas made specifically for that purpose, believe it or not.

The dar bar we are arguing for here is one that cover all friendly airspace, but not enemy airspace. Dot dar is not very realistic and something we can live without imo.

Edit: Regarding level bombing in AH, that's something you could teach a 5 year old to do.

Agreed on your darbar comment

BOMBING........ Since the introduction of wind-sheer and atmospheric changes bombing has been not as successfull .BUT us avengers might make it look good because we have en EX Bomber on our Squad . So we get inside details.And practice just that much more at it.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2008, 02:25:08 PM »
There is a idea . HAVE A AVA as realistic as you can .
Then there are the people that want to make it a place to find any fight withing 5 seconds of logging on.
Somewhere in the middle there has to be an understanding , DARBAR is the answer.
do I think its right NO WAY IN HELL.
Am I going to continue to argue .
NOPE life is too short :huh
It's not for finding a fight.
It's for the sake of not having a 40 bomber raid go undetected until it is deep in our airspace. That's completely unrealistic and nearly impossible to mount a defense against.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 02:37:55 PM by Motherland »

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #172 on: June 19, 2008, 02:26:46 PM »
Agreed on your darbar comment

BOMBING........ Since the introduction of wind-sheer and atmospheric changes bombing has been not as successfull .BUT us avengers might make it look good because we have en EX Bomber on our Squad . So we get inside details.And practice just that much more at it.

I have no problem with the settings as they currently are but it was redicilously easy to bomb from 30k with no wind.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline RMrider

• Silver Member
      • http://
« Reply #173 on: June 19, 2008, 02:32:17 PM »
Oceans,

This has gone on LONG ENOUGH. Just get over it for a few days, for round two your CO can purchase the radar you guys wish. Just give him your .02 and move on in life. I really dont think this whole situation should have consumed this much of your life because you are arguing over a video game. Serisouly its just not worth it.

wish you all the best.  :aok
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2008, 02:34:53 PM »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: June 19, 2008, 02:35:16 PM »
NO NOT THE HORSE!!!!!!!!!!

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2008, 02:37:16 PM »
If they feel the need to discuss why say anything. If yoiu don"t like it don't read it.

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #177 on: June 19, 2008, 02:38:13 PM »
I have no problem with the settings as they currently are but it was redicilously easy to bomb from 30k with no wind.

Agree definitley, But since the intro of wind and other effects I would say it has added great realism to it.

I was going to ask for the ability to create old smoke clouds like Germany used to do also .

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: June 19, 2008, 02:41:32 PM »
Yeah, we're working on that. But it's difficult to distribute the amounts of sauerkraut needed to the citizens.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #179 on: June 19, 2008, 02:43:57 PM »
Oceans,

This has gone on LONG ENOUGH. Just get over it for a few days, for round two your CO can purchase the radar you guys wish. Just give him your .02 and move on in life. I really dont think this whole situation should have consumed this much of your life because you are arguing over a video game. Serisouly its just not worth it.

wish you all the best.  :aok

RM-This is just a discussion.
When all is said and done we up our planes and have fun.

This is a pure sign of intelligence and good healthy conversation.
No mud slinging or name calling.
I the game i will either defend if you are on my side at that time or try to defeat when all is said A  :salute coke and smile is all i wil ask for.

Regards.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 02:46:37 PM by oceans11 »