Author Topic: "Dog Pile on the Rabbit, Dog Pile on the.... "  (Read 173 times)

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
"Dog Pile on the Rabbit, Dog Pile on the.... "
« on: January 18, 2001, 05:56:00 PM »
"Changed the perk system to award points to the country that wins the war, i.e.,
the country that owns the most when a reset is forced. The current award is
set to 20 fighter points, 20 bomber points, and 20 vehicle points for every
person on the winning side. To be eligible for the points, you must be in
the country for the amount of time required before you can switch countries
again."

Another incentive to join "The Winning Team"? 60 perk points to follow the horde.

I would like to see incentives included that would level the playing field instead of promoting the problem of Gang Banging.

A Perk point multiplier relative to team numbers (x1, x1.5, x2 respectively) is one solution.
JG11

Vater

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2001, 06:04:00 PM »
"To be eligible for the points, you must be in the country for the amount of time required before you can switch countries
again."

This means that you have to be part of the winning country for 24 hours before the map is reset.

So you wont see any last minute fartknockers changing sides to get freebie points. They wont get them. Muahahah.

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2001, 08:28:00 PM »
Actually Tac, it's 12hrs.  12hrs between country changes, and I think that's a reasonable time.

Another thing to consider, with this system, is that IMO it will promote a 2 front war in all 3 countries.  Whichever country has the most bases at the time of the reset gets the points, not who causes the reset.
If the nits and bish push us rooks into the corner, like they like to do lately, and it looks like a reset is imminent, (and let's say the nits own half the map) the bish will have to hit the nits fast, before a reset can happen, and grab alot of bases.  The nits, wanting to protect thier points for 'winning' will have to devote more attention to the bishes.  It'll all balance out I think.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2001, 11:20:00 PM »
cc 12 hours. I stand corrected.

And it still is a helluva long time. It will work this way  

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2001, 03:27:00 AM »
I think this is very good change since country jumping is limited. First time ever there is a reason to win the war!

------------------
jochen Gefechtsverband Kuhlmey I/SG 5

Sieg oder bolsevismus!
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!