Author Topic: Setting Up Training Session?  (Read 570 times)

Offline Vantec

• Zinc Member
Setting Up Training Session?
« on: June 13, 2008, 02:10:27 PM »
Hi I'm kinda new to the game been playing for about 4 days now (yes total noob at this point so I've learned this the hard way) I never really played a flight sim before, I don't know much about planes just enough to probably get me by. I've read my brains out on NetAces.com, browsed these forums, looked at soda's plane page the whole nine yards. I can read all I want but nothen beats hands on training. So where exactly do I schedule a training lesson? I'm pretty much looken for anything I can learn that keeps me alive longer and at least get few kills rather than flying out to the fight and getting turned into a leaky piece of meat. I am extremely eager to learn how to fly and play from what looks to me like a very fun game, but on the other hand it is extremely frustrating when I try my best and yet its not good enough. I'm always open for advise, and yes
I realize I'm not going to be pro in a week, as a casual gamer stuff like this takes time, and time i defiantly have If i want to learn and play correctly.

FYI I have a cheap joystick with twist and the quick reference sheet always handy. 
Retired 613VTek SoS Pariah
Arabian Knights AKTincan

Offline Captfish

• Nickel Member
      • VF-6 Fighter Sqdn
Re: Setting Up Training Session?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 04:34:33 PM »
 :aok Welcome to the addiction :rock

AH trainers site
http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/
Great site with lots of good info
http://www.netaces.org
'CO' VF-6 Fighter Sqdn

Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 05:27:30 PM »
Hi Vantec, yup check out the trainers site, and in particular check out the calender and try get along to a scheduled training slot. Fail that, personal tuition can be arranged.

Or you could join Rolex's Training Squad. Theres a thread here which lets you know all.

Whats your timezone, and availability times?
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Vantec

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 08:36:38 PM »
Central and im home most days depending when work calls me in, monday-wednesday 8:00 am-9:30pm.      Thursday/Friday all day baby :P

Checking my schedule for next week see what I can sign up for :D
Arabian Knights AKTincan

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 10:50:03 PM »
Welcome!
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 11:14:25 PM »
Central and im home most days depending when work calls me in, monday-wednesday 8:00 am-9:30pm.      Thursday/Friday all day baby :P

Checking my schedule for next week see what I can sign up for :D

If your looking for a personal trainer, I would be glad to take you to the few arenas we have and do some training time, im generally available after 4pm EST. However I am not a main trainer for the game, but if you feel you are interested in taking up the offer feel free to post back next time your available and will get together. I mainly deal with fighters - or what we call ACM, however I do cover all aspects of the game in detail.
Your willing to learn, im willing to pump you full of info  :salute

Offline Vantec

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 09:35:29 AM »
Actually ill take you up on that offer, I'm free Monday or Tuesday (16th-17th) cya in the TA around 4-5ish EST?  :salute
Arabian Knights AKTincan

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 09:56:38 AM »
Actually ill take you up on that offer, I'm free Monday or Tuesday (16th-17th) cya in the TA around 4-5ish EST?  :salute

Will see ya in TA Monday 4ish - I'm usually in there from 4-5 to thats perfect  :salute

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 04:25:54 PM »
I'm unable to make it today Vantec, if you can re-post if you want some additional time in MA - I'll be available after 2pm Wed and 4pm Thursday