Author Topic: Two Big Problems  (Read 114 times)

funked

Two Big Problems
« on: December 08, 1999, 09:02:00 PM »
1.  Ack is too strong.  My dad commanded a platoon of M113's with Vulcans and radar.  I showed him the AH ack and he laughed his bellybutton off.

2.  Fuel flow rates are too high.  I don't understand this.  Speed, climb, turn, etc. are modeled pretty well, but we defy the laws of physics when it comes to fuel consumption.

Offline indian

• Copper Member
Two Big Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 1999, 11:57:00 PM »
Funked the ack are set to prevent vulching, you need to kill them all to vulch.

the fuel burn is ok also look at map each square is 25 miles so all but the us planes will need alot of fuel. Somehting should be done about the way fuel is distributed on planes 25% on a p51 is a full tank on a 109. Maybe they should change that or something.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  Cherokee Indian
My Homepage
Where you can find the Key Commands in  files for Word6 Wordpad and text mode.

indians Homepage

Aces High Word6 and Wordpad Doc's available on my web site.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Two Big Problems
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 1999, 04:06:00 AM »
Fw190 flies nicely long though (even though I rarely manage to shoot out all my ammo)
but but.. Me109 needs more fuel, so I could patrol in it instead of getting up, fight once, run home for fuel.
(wow, I've had few 1 on 1 fights where I've been down to 20% fuel and flown back home, gliding last miles!)

funked

Two Big Problems
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 1999, 08:51:00 AM »
Indian:

I think a better way to prevent vulching is for pilots to take off from a field that is not under attack.  Why make the ack unrealistic to help people who are stupid?

Furthermore the bogus ack makes realistic low-level bombing a suicidal tactic.  Instead we must rely on laser-GPS-uberNorden to destroy targets from 40k.  Sure the B-17's can be fun, but this activity has nothing to do with WW2 bombing!

I still don't get the fuel multiplier.  I want to fly the real thing!

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 12-09-1999).]

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
Two Big Problems
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 1999, 02:40:00 PM »
I totally agree about the Acks. They don't really prevent vulching anyway.

Out of interest, just how much is the multiplier anyway? Maybe if they reduce it some it will be more tolerable?

Offline Stiglr

• Persona non grata
  • Copper Member
Two Big Problems
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 1999, 05:05:00 PM »
As I recall it (hopefully not too foggy a memory), the fuel mux was artificially set at a "penal" level to almost make mandatory the inclusion of drop tanks. Thought was, if nobody took them, and relied on "dweeb fuel loads" of less than 50%, the drop tank system would not get tested.

Personally, I like 'em, but agree the 109 has even shorter legs than it should.