Author Topic: Same sex weddings could be economic boon?  (Read 1796 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Same sex weddings could be economic boon?
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2008, 12:32:19 PM »
People use to think that a single female or male could raise a kid. It's be proven that doesn't work out so well.
My logic is yeah they can raise a child but overall 2 of the same sex aren't going to do a very good job.

Especially boys, Boys do not listen to their mom like they do their dad. I've seen it over and over. My wife would tell the kids a hundred times to do something. I just had to say it once.
i was raised by my single mother. i came out fine. well......i at least came out better than 80% of the people i went to school with.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2008, 01:13:07 PM »
Especially boys, Boys do not listen to their mom like they do their dad.

Gender of the kids doesn't matter, boy or girl they don't listen to mom like they do dad.  :)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2008, 06:30:33 PM »
i was raised by my single mother. i came out fine. well......i at least came out better than 80% of the people i went to school with.

<<S>>

I was raised in a Foster home and I can tell you it would have been so neat to have a dad. Having said that I have a Masters degree and my brother is at the top of his field. My brother and I both feel the affects of being raised that way. So yeah we do better than many but still it could have been better. When I see those pictures of those guys going fishing with their dad I am jealous and yet happy for them.

If you have 2 guys are two women raising you it won't replace what's missing.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2008, 09:52:54 PM »
I was raised in a Foster home and I can tell you it would have been so neat to have a dad. Having said that I have a Masters degree and my brother is at the top of his field. My brother and I both feel the affects of being raised that way. So yeah we do better than many but still it could have been better. When I see those pictures of those guys going fishing with their dad I am jealous and yet happy for them.

If you have 2 guys are two women raising you it won't replace what's missing.

well, yes and no........like i said, i never knew my dad....from what i'm told, he came home drunk one night right after i was born, and almost shot my uncle. that was the end of that. grandpop kicked him out, and he was never heard from again.
 anyway, being as i never knew him, it was perfectly normal to me......sometimes kids would ask me if it was weird not having a father. i'd simply reply with a question.....""isn't it weird HAVING"" a father? they usually didn't know how to react to that, but as i said, to me it was normal. i would imagine it would be about the same for kids with same sex parents, although i don't really know. only time will tell the story on that, but if they're doing a good job, and teaching their kids to keep out of trouble, then again, although there may be something missing, their kids will come up better than those who have hetero parents that just don't give a dam....and there are PLENTY of them.

BTW......WTG on the masters!!

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2008, 08:56:22 AM »
lots of tap dancing here by liberals who know they are wrong from a logical and fairness standpoint but just can't get over the whole feelgood thing.

Of course anyone can raise a kid.. a couple consisting of a man and a woman in a loving relationship if far better tho.   

crock-it.. my brother is gay as is my girlfriends.. I probly have less misconceptions about gays than most people here.  It would not bother me in the least to have them move next door.  they might even be so far as I know..  I, of course, do not want to see them in any displays of gay affection (unless they are hot lesbians) tho.

This is quite normal and is what makes us human.. we empathize.

As for their business.. unless you are a divorce lawyer or a wedding planner.. that will not change.. you can fix their cars if they are married or not.  If you own the shop and you now have to cover a gay workers "partner" for medical tho.. .you might see what I mean.

Marriage is exclusionary and gives extra bennies to a group that we all think is in our best interest.. if you add gays to it then it is only feelgood pap that creates a problem where none existed before.. you now have a marriage definition that is discriminatory to everyone not gay.   

the gays themselves are simply shrill, lazy leeches.. it is not the wedding gown they want.

the definition that you liberals now give me for marriage is that every relationship except between two people of any gender is now discriminated against. and.. worse.. for no reason.

When it was two people of the opposite gender it at least had a realistic reason to support for the citizen.. now it has none.. it is simply discrimination against all but a few.

lazs

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2008, 09:06:03 AM »

the gays themselves are simply shrill, lazy leeches.. it is not the wedding gown they want.

lazs

my brother in florida is gay. he's the one i mentioned that is raising his daughter. my neighbor is lesbian. the neighbor on the other side of her is gay. a gay couple own the house 7 houses up from me. know what? almopst without exception, these are some of the hardest working people i know. oo ya...a friend that owns a couple stores on south street in philly is too.....and she works horrendes hours. the lazy people are the ones collecting welfare, while they're perfectly able to work, and people like them. like i said earlier, these people don't push their ways on me, so to me they're people exactly like you or anyone else. i'm not liberal, and i don't feel good about it, but i don't think it's my business to worry about what they want or whqat they do either, as long as they don't push their ways on me.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Carrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2008, 01:45:48 PM »

crock-it.. my brother is gay as is my girlfriends..

lazs

Did you say girlfriendS? As in plural? And they are GAY?? Lazs, you are the luckiest guy I've ever known- I envy you, man.
 :aok

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2008, 01:49:56 PM »
if Gays can marry now why cant Sen. Gorden Smith practice his lifestyle choice now as well?

http://news.opb.org/article/2365-gordon-smith-apologizes-comments-marriage/

equal rights for everyone you know.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2008, 02:29:00 PM »
cap.. by lazy, whiney leeches I mean only in the context of this discussion.. they are to lazy and they are whiney leeches so far as leeching off of the straight marriage thing.

When I say my girlfriends I mean my brother is gay as is my girlfriends brother.

Point is... as anyone who takes the time to THINK about it...  the gay marriage idea has created more discrimination instead of less...

Just as... english being the official language is in our best interests and is not near as discriminatory as adding spanish as the only other language that is recognized..   it created more discrimination instead of less.

Typical know nothing, think nothing, feel good liberal moronic behavior.

lazs

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2008, 02:39:11 PM »
Lazs, as usual your logic is downright amazing...

If A & B are allowed to do something, but C thru Z are not, that is LESS descriminatory than allowing A & B & C & D but not E through Z?

Yep, amazing logic there.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2008, 02:39:50 PM »
cap.. by lazy, whiney leeches I mean only in the context of this discussion.. they are to lazy and they are whiney leeches so far as leeching off of the straight marriage thing.

When I say my girlfriends I mean my brother is gay as is my girlfriends brother.

Point is... as anyone who takes the time to THINK about it...  the gay marriage idea has created more discrimination instead of less...

Just as... english being the official language is in our best interests and is not near as discriminatory as adding spanish as the only other language that is recognized..   it created more discrimination instead of less.

Typical know nothing, think nothing, feel good liberal moronic behavior.

lazs

i see your point on the lazy thing. and i agree with the spanish language too......hate having to press one to continue in english.......

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Carrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2008, 02:42:08 PM »
Lazs, as usual your logic is downright amazing...

If A & B are allowed to do something, but C thru Z are not, that is LESS descriminatory than allowing A & B & C & D but not E through Z?

Yep, amazing logic there.

It's not fair to sheep lovers, MT- doh???

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2008, 04:28:28 PM »
I certainly have no desire for more than one wife but how can you justify laws prohibiting polygamy when homosexual marriages are now protected by law? Tell me how one of these lifestyles is more deserving of expression over the other? Please don't say it's because of what most people want because it surely isn't. Homosexual marriages are being allowed based on constitutionality, not popular opinion. 
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Carrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2008, 07:11:51 PM »
Homosexual marriages are being allowed based on constitutionality, not popular opinion. 

Constitutionality trumps popular opinion, Iron- as it should. Would you want it any other way?

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2008, 07:48:02 PM »
I certainly have no desire for more than one wife but how can you justify laws prohibiting polygamy when homosexual marriages are now protected by law? 

How can you justify laws prohibiting polygamy when you allow heterosexual marriage?

myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling