Author Topic: a positive post  (Read 296 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
a positive post
« on: June 19, 2008, 09:00:29 PM »
If a newcomer in the game came to the forums and seen the crap that's posted on here, they're probably think this is the worst game on the web.So I want to say want I LIKE about the game.

1.interaction with people from all over the world. To me nothing is better then talking to a brit or german flying near you in their Spits or 109s.

2.The game has something for everyone...GVs,ships,bombers,and fighter planes..and alot of choices

3.graphics are great and everytime I upgrade my computer they get better.

4.I've learned alot about WW2 aircraft since playing this game. I always had a deep interest in WW2 but didn't realize how much I DIDN'T know about the subject until I started playing. There's alot of history buffs in the game.

5.I have met hundreds of great folks in AH2

6.The eny..yes I like it. I didn't at first, but it forces you to get into a more challenging ride which inturn makes you better at the game.
   shooting down spit16s and LAs with a P40 is about as fun as it get for me.

7.the price! 15.00 bucks a month for 24/7 entertainment ..how cool is that?

There's several more things I could list, but I'd like to hear from some of you....let's keep it positive. It's a great flight sim/game and we all know it or else we would have never came back in the first place.  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
Re: a positive post
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 09:38:54 PM »
I second everything you said!!!!!!!

Great game. Great players. Great flight model.

Offline zuii

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 09:40:07 PM »
I been reading bout WWII aircraft for years. I was told in High school (a million years ago) no more book reports about airplanes (I had done ALL  book reports about planes :) Then i find AH, i flipped out. Beyond my limited ideas about the internet. I can play a wwii aircraft simulation with real people from all over the world.
Im still amazed. (I been playing since jan of this year)
And my wife hates you all, go figure.
I LOVE THIS GAME!

zuii
39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"

Empress Zhang: "I love cannons"
(it was not all fun and games inside the forbidden city)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 09:49:15 PM »
Only thing more fun than shooting down LA's and Spit 16's in  a P40 is out turning a Spit 16 while in a Spit 1 and receiving a whiny PM on how much you hax!  :lol

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 09:52:43 PM »
If a newcomer in the game came to the forums and seen the crap that's posted on here, they're probably think this is the worst game on the web.So I want to say want I LIKE about the game.

1.interaction with people from all over the world. To me nothing is better then talking to a brit or german flying near you in their Spits or 109s.

2.The game has something for everyone...GVs,ships,bombers,and fighter planes..and alot of choices

3.graphics are great and everytime I upgrade my computer they get better.

4.I've learned alot about WW2 aircraft since playing this game. I always had a deep interest in WW2 but didn't realize how much I DIDN'T know about the subject until I started playing. There's alot of history buffs in the game.

5.I have met hundreds of great folks in AH2

6.The eny..yes I like it. I didn't at first, but it forces you to get into a more challenging ride which inturn makes you better at the game.
   shooting down spit16s and LAs with a P40 is about as fun as it get for me.

7.the price! 15.00 bucks a month for 24/7 entertainment ..how cool is that?

There's several more things I could list, but I'd like to hear from some of you....let's keep it positive. It's a great flight sim/game and we all know it or else we would have never came back in the first place.  :salute

1. Agree, and harrassing squadies is fun.
2. Agree
3. There pretty good, could be better, but graphics are not that high on my priority list.
4. Agree
5. Agree and a few wackos, which can make this game even better by laughing at them.
6. Agree, ENY never really effects me since I normally fly the higher ENY aircraft, I love the Mossy
7. Agree
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 10:24:41 PM »
 I too enjoy this game very much and it keeps a guy at home without spending lots of dough on other stuff , pound for pound its great and besides I have met some of my squad mates and a few others who are good people and thats worth alot . I can fly all the planes I've always loved and do battle in them online without risk to myself thats worth gold .
                                                                      Nutte
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 10:27:59 PM »
Good post. sometime it does seem as though everyone has a complaint.    :salute
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 10:39:46 PM »
I like that I can kill people virtually. I fear that if I was unable to do so in AH I may very well kill my boss in real life . ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 10:41:22 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 10:44:29 PM »
I really like this game a lot too.  I let the wife have the tv and I get the computer at night.  We are both happy.   :)  If someone in the game gets on my nerves I simply squelch them, whether they be green or red, makes me no difference.   :devil  Life goes on, the sun comes up in the morning, and the sun sets again and voila, right back into another good battle next night.
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 10:50:42 PM »
Im often asked why Im not in a squad, and, often asked to join one.

The truth is there are so many squads I like flying with I kinda like wildcatting it as my mood takes me. Ive yet to fly with a squad that I didnt like flying with. So...there are a lot of really good people in the game and thats its strongest asset. In the end thats what makes AH a great game. <S>
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 11:04:38 PM »
1. Agree, and harrassing squadies is fun.

yeah tell me about it :noid
Tours 86 - 296

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 11:18:47 PM »
8- If you have a passion for warbirds and air combat.. AH will tickle it.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you