Author Topic: You have to fly how far in the AvA?  (Read 1689 times)

VWE

You have to fly how far in the AvA?
« on: June 18, 2008, 07:44:41 PM »
At least 5 sectors... each way just to find someone... thats not my idea of fun.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: You have to fly how far in the AvA?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 07:51:10 PM »
Sweet. This is the best AvA setup so far IMO.

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 08:06:44 PM »
At least 5 sectors... each way just to find someone... thats not my idea of fun.
Look for the bardar and meet them in the middle.  Just enough time to get alt and fights on!

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 11:20:41 PM »
DA is almost immediate, have fun.  :salute
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 12:01:42 AM »

Agreed!

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 05:04:25 AM »

For sure.  :aok
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

storch

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 07:20:27 AM »
VWE what side did you play, what did you play in, how many did you bag and at what altitude did you find them congregating at? 

VWE

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 07:48:54 AM »
I flew allies, Tempest-Pony-La7, I bagged 14 (1-109G2, 5-109K4, 1-Fw190A5, 4-Fw190A8, 1-Fw190F8, 1-Ta152, 1-Ju88) for 3 deaths, most were encountered between 20 to 25k including a set of Ju88's at 23k. I went as high as 34k chasing satelites...

storch

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 07:55:24 AM »
lol wtg.  if you were to fly axis the only change would be the planes as these players all employ the same gameplay.  oh well.  I hope you had fun I don't have enough interest in climbing to those alititudes to chase runners though.

Offline a4944

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 08:13:53 AM »
I've been having fun with this setup.  It's not better or worse than others to me, just different and it has kept my attention.  This is an evolving arena and they change it up.  Sit this one out if you don't like it and perhaps the next war will be different or continue to fly and throw your 2 cents in as you did here.  They do listen and make tweaks.  The dar bar was new and was intended to help find fights.  The Axis were clever last night with their approach on the deck making them hard to find even with dar bar.  There was a big furball toward the end of the night that the dar bar helped with, you could see that a big fight was brewing and many from both sides upped for the big fight. 

Venom

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 09:06:04 AM »
DA is almost immediate, have fun.  :salute

I don't see why AvA cannot accomodate most aspects of aerial combat.  There is nothing wrong with wanting a quick fight.  Telling people to head elsewhere is foolish, it's that kind of attitude that contributed to the low numbers of CT.  In addition, this is everyones arena. You have no right to tell others to fly somewhere else because they wish to alter an aspect of AvA
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

storch

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 09:27:09 AM »
it is my experience that most of the current crop of AvA players simply do not possess the skills to fight nor do they show the inclination to learn.  they are content with having non fights and then heartily congratulating each other for their amazing speed and prowess in evading as they successfully drop from 20k to the ack.  they will gladly drop from 20k to gang a single player if that player is sufficiently close to their ack and makes his presense announced.  the preferred number seems to be between seven and twelve to one odds in their favor and even if you kill two thirds of them and die in ack chasing the other third they declare themselves the winner.  I should post film it is hilariously funny but becomes old after three or four "fights".   there is really nothing there that even remotely resembles "the battle of the aces".  it is false advertising and should be changed to be more represenatative of the fact.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 09:34:44 AM »
Thrila, are you saying that all arenas should be vanilla, likable by all? Isn't it diversity that make sure everyone are satisfied? What's wrong with going to a different arena? I don't play MA at all as long as this setup is in the AvA, unless nobody else is in there. MA just doesn't interest me. The DA I've logged on to maybe 20 times max since I started playing AH, years ago.

Do we want diversity or the same flavor in all arenas???

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 09:53:52 AM »
I've been having fun with this setup.  It's not better or worse than others to me, just different and it has kept my attention.  This is an evolving arena and they change it up.  Sit this one out if you don't like it and perhaps the next war will be different or continue to fly and throw your 2 cents in as you did here.  They do listen and make tweaks.  The dar bar was new and was intended to help find fights.  The Axis were clever last night with their approach on the deck making them hard to find even with dar bar.  There was a big furball toward the end of the night that the dar bar helped with, you could see that a big fight was brewing and many from both sides upped for the big fight. 

Venom

Major fun.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 11:45:39 AM »
Thrila, are you saying that all arenas should be vanilla, likable by all? Isn't it diversity that make sure everyone are satisfied? What's wrong with going to a different arena? I don't play MA at all as long as this setup is in the AvA, unless nobody else is in there. MA just doesn't interest me. The DA I've logged on to maybe 20 times max since I started playing AH, years ago.

Do we want diversity or the same flavor in all arenas???

No, that is not what i'm saying.  What i'm saying is that there should be more diversity in AvA.  There is no reason why the Ava cannot encompass the "war", the strat bombing, dogfighting, hardcore gamers and casual gamers.  IMO having closer bases will enable casual gamers and people who either do not wish to spend 20+ minutes to get to a fight or don't have the time to so, to fly and enjoy the AVA arena.  Closer bases will not deny people from flying strat missions or any other organised fighting, it does however enable something for other pilots to do- especially when there are low numbers.

There is nothing wrong going to another arena- being told to go to another arena is entirely different.  It isn't in the interest of the AvA to tell people to fly elsewhere.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."