Author Topic: Allies retrieve footage from crashed Luftwaffe fighters!  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: Allies retrieve footage from crashed Luftwaffe fighters!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 04:24:11 PM »
Thats a rule #5 violation and you should be given a week off to think before you post.

Didn't seem to work for any of you. Would you like a golf clap for your victory?

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Chemdawg

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 04:25:55 PM »
Your quite different in game VWE, than you are on the forums....or did I interrupt a historical squabble?

VWE

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 04:27:24 PM »
yes...

Offline Chemdawg

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 04:28:49 PM »
 :aok My bad...carry on.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 06:57:14 PM »
Its unfortunate that the film didn't show your demise as I shot your wing off before you porked the radar at the base near the fuel factory... that part must have been burned in the ensuing fireball...

Funny thing the film showing them armed for a Jabo strike was on the deck not at 20K or higher as you mentioned in the other thread.
Is there a 25K radar sight somehwere on the map?

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

storch

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 07:34:19 PM »
vortex I have seen that film from an opponent's gun camera, you edited a few parts huh  ;)

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 07:38:59 PM »
Yeah? Your point being, what?

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 08:21:40 PM »
I think I'll start with the 40 dollar version first. If I like it well enough I might graduate to the more expensive one. Looks really cool. Looked at the website again watching the video. I first have to get the funding okayed through the General. (wife) :)

Back on topic

I love my TIR but it does take a lot of getting used to.  I downloaded Homeboys profile tonight and flew around for a bit with it.  In all honesty if you're not used to it it can give you a little motion sickness at first.  It can give you a bit of an edge in a fight if you have any skills whatsoever (which I don't) but it does add to the immersion. 

Go ahead and spring for the top dollar one is my opinion or ask around for some 'retired' people who have one they want to get rid of. 

Best of luck
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 08:42:10 PM »
Search the boards for TrackIR first, there are a couple sites you can get a coupon to take off a chunk of the price, like 20-30 dollars. One is more than the other if I recall correctly. I just can't recall the site name now... :confused:  The name dyslexia comes to mind, but am not sure, but find the coupon!
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline Chemdawg

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 06:50:56 AM »
Thanks guys...that 20 or even 30 dollars will go along way in getting the expenditure approved through my chief of staff. :lol

Offline bkwolf

• Copper Member
      • http://www.avengersonline.com/index.html
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 07:44:38 AM »
Chem,the one I use is freetrack(  http://www.free-track.net/english/ ) works just like track IR, only you build a hat with three LED's on it and use a webcam (with freetrack software)You got to be handy with a soldering iron.
It will make you motion sick for the first few times..just a little queasy.

33, I noticed the double image a little when you look around. Is that just the fraps doing that?(mine doesn't do that in game)
Good film btw :salute
Bkwolf
~Avengers~
AVA Axis

Currently MIA

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 07:55:54 AM »
Back on topic

I love my TIR but it does take a lot of getting used to.  I downloaded Homeboys profile tonight and flew around for a bit with it.  In all honesty if you're not used to it it can give you a little motion sickness at first.  It can give you a bit of an edge in a fight if you have any skills whatsoever (which I don't) but it does add to the immersion. 

Go ahead and spring for the top dollar one is my opinion or ask around for some 'retired' people who have one they want to get rid of. 

Best of luck

I don't have the motion sickness probklem at all. I have a big problem keeping the gunsite centered. So bad in fact I tend to turn it off once I engage. Is Homeboys profile on the BBS somewhere?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 08:02:40 AM by Shifty »

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 08:01:48 AM »
"Vilkas" had to take a break after that attack sortie. He said his blood pressure was Wayyyyy to high.  :lol
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 08:38:07 AM »
33, I noticed the double image a little when you look around. Is that just the fraps doing that?(mine doesn't do that in game)
Good film btw :salute

It's a result of the high video compression. 6 GB reduced to a few hundred MB, go figure.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 12:59:54 PM »
I don't have the motion sickness probklem at all. I have a big problem keeping the gunsite centered. So bad in fact I tend to turn it off once I engage. Is Homeboys profile on the BBS somewhere?

Here is Mace's profile that I modified. 

http://snomhf.exofire.net/data/TIR4_AH2_profile.zip

This is probably the one Halo is talking about.

You might want to take a look at changing the process priority of TIR as well.  I found it makes the thing so much smoother.  Here is my article on that:

http://snomhf.exofire.net/tirPriority.html

Hope this works out for you.  I love TIR and would not even taxi without it!   :aok

there ya go  :aok
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute