Author Topic: Mosquito Bomber  (Read 768 times)

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
Re: Mosquito Bomber
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 11:56:45 PM »
Actually, as the FB.VI was the variant produced in the greatest numbers, one could build a fairly strong argument that it's the right one to have in AH.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008, 12:35:46 AM »
Actually, as the FB.VI was the variant produced in the greatest numbers, one could build a fairly strong argument that it's the right one to have in AH.
Certainly if there is to be only one Mosquito it should absolutely be the FB.Mk VI.  That said, there should be two or three more versions of it added.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008, 01:13:25 AM »
I'm all for that.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 05:30:51 AM »
I agree that a glass-nosed model would be interesting. How can you not want something like this?  :)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 06:16:10 AM »
great pics, esp the one with the armourers :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli