Author Topic: New Squad Formed!  (Read 1325 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Squad Formed!
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 08:20:01 AM »
Really? I thought he was just a guy with an obsessive need to be the center of attention at all times. Even if its negative attention.
Does this sound like someone you know?

1,has a grandiose sense of self-importance
2,is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3,believes that he or she is "special" and unique
4,requires excessive admiration
5,has a sense of entitlement
6,is interpersonally exploitative
7,lacks empathy
8,is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her
9,shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

now you're giving me a complex  :uhoh
Lighten up Francis

Offline valdals

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 01:34:44 PM »
hi guys funny posting. as you know i like to compete and want to be the best at what I do. I am tired of the same people being at the top and their names being put on the web every month as the top players. with a good pilots and a good squad to work with i can be at the top. I should know ive killed alot of the people in the top 10. one can cant do it all alone. ive been fortunate to keep my rank low but I know I can be better and will continue to improve. im one of the few that excel in EW aircraft in the LW arena. there are alot of arrogant guys who like to talk crap about me. I dont care. I just as good as you guys are. I am very good at battle strategy. too bad strategy is rarely used in this game. when i started out I was clueless as to how you guys were able to keep low scores. just killing planes gets you no where. I had to be good in different areas. too all the guys who support me I thank them. to the trash talkers see you on the battlefield.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 01:35:11 PM »
Can I still join.plz? :D
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline TEXAS20

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 01:51:54 PM »
I am tired of the same people being at the top and their names being put on the web every month as the top players. with a good pilots and a good squad to work with i can be at the top.

Kudos to the top pilots of Tour 100. Early, Mid, and Late War Tour 101 has now begun.
----->Late War
Top Overall Ranking – pacerr, runner-up Vanscrew
Top Fighter Ranking – pacerr, runner-up shreck
Top Bomber Ranking – Chalenge, runner-up VIX
Top Attack Ranking – Nilsen, runner-up Bruv119
Top Vehicle Ranking – Rondar, runner-up Vanscrew
Top Vox Screamer Ranking- Valdals, runner-up Tripl5

:rock You made it!
The rules are simple:  Don't be a dick.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 08:40:52 PM »
Good luck in your endeavor Valdals. I tryed the rank thing a few times and found that it will take the fun out of the game. It's boring, stressful,and not worth the time. You'll end up running from more fights then you get into and playing the game for youself instead of as a member of your squad.
Let me ask you a question: say you're ranked #3, your squadie ranked #500 has 6 kills and 3 cons on him. Will you run to help him knowing you'll probably die just so he can land his kills. Or will leave him on his own to die? The latter is best for your rank and score but it sure won't make you a good squadie, team player or friend.
Personally, I'd rather be known as a asset to fellow players and squadies. That makes me feel better then a ranking would. But that's just me.
Remember this is just a game, not a job. :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 08:43:48 PM »

Kudos to the top pilots of Tour 100. Early, Mid, and Late War Tour 101 has now begun.
----->Late War
Top Overall Ranking – pacerr, runner-up Vanscrew
Top Fighter Ranking – pacerr, runner-up shreck
Top Bomber Ranking – Chalenge, runner-up VIX
Top Attack Ranking – Nilsen, runner-up Bruv119
Top Vehicle Ranking – Rondar, runner-up Vanscrew
Top Vox Screamer Ranking- Valdals, runner-up Tripl5

:rock You made it!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Aceshigh for a month: $15
X52 : $90
Hearing valdals screaming on vox....

PRICLESS

oh ya and:

:noid :noid VOSS  :noid :noid
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 08:54:51 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Aceshigh for a month: $15
X52 : $90
Hearing valdals screaming on vox....

PRICLESS

oh ya and:

:noid :noid VOSS  :noid :noid

There is a price to hearing the squeaker on vox. I'm almost deaf after 5 minutes of that horrible, horrible screeching  :(
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 08:58:22 PM »
There is a price to hearing the squeaker on vox. I'm almost deaf after 5 minutes of that horrible, horrible screeching  :(

Yep, it should be

"Hearing squeaking on vox: 500$$ on ear surgery"
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2008, 03:02:33 AM »
Just absolutely amazes me how people operate and think on such different levels. This thread is entirely devoted to how annoying valdals is, and most people get the joke, and yet valdals comes on and posts entirely about score and being good at this game and blah blah top pilots blah blah rank blah.

Don't you get it valdals? That's not the point, and never will be the point to this game. People are frankly having a little fun at your expense, and it has nothing to do with your level of skill. It's because you make retarded posts on the forum, because you are probably between 10-14 years old, and because you are absolutely clueless as to why people find you so hilariously squelchable. I really find it very funny, regardless of your SKILZZ in EW planes, or whatever it is you said.

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 03:42:33 AM »
hi guys funny posting. as you know i like to compete and want to be the best at what I do. I am tired of the same people being at the top and their names being put on the web every month as the top players. with a good pilots and a good squad to work with i can be at the top. I should know ive killed alot of the people in the top 10. one can cant do it all alone. ive been fortunate to keep my rank low but I know I can be better and will continue to improve. im one of the few that excel in EW aircraft in the LW arena. there are alot of arrogant guys who like to talk crap about me. I dont care. I just as good as you guys are. I am very good at battle strategy. too bad strategy is rarely used in this game. when i started out I was clueless as to how you guys were able to keep low scores. just killing planes gets you no where. I had to be good in different areas. too all the guys who support me I thank them. to the trash talkers see you on the battlefield.

There's a fine line from being competitive and being a total jerk. For example so you get a clear picture - I rant on 200, however I don't go voxing someone that shoots me down or screams at own country mates because we don't win the war your way. Best way to approach is try appologising to everyone in the general dicussion for your poor lack of attitude towards all players in the game. I clearly see your competitive, but your taking it one step to far next to point your head entirely will blow up. You can do what you want but when 90% of rooks compare you to Tripl5 and drdeathx - I think you might want to step back for a minute and think about it.

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 06:32:02 AM »
That or double the dosage on his Meds.   :D

:rofl :rofl
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 09:13:51 AM »
Competitive is fine, within limits. But before you plan on kicking one of those top guys out of their spot.
Spend some time paying your dues, learning how things are done around here.
Spend a few months watching how good groups & squads take fields, setup a steamroller to win the war, etc.

Constantly screaming at other people is not going to win you friends or influence people.
The way to do it is to quietly work on your own skills first. Learn all there is to learn, including being a team player with someone else calling the shots. Plan on this taking at least a year, after all, you have time right?

I had a bit of the same problem long ago. My wife calls it the barking Chihuahua complex.
Bark, bark, bark,Bark, bark, bark look at me, Bark, bark, bark,Bark, bark, bark I have something to say
Bark, bark, bark,Bark, bark, bark, and Bark, bark, bark,Bark, bark, bark no one will listen.
(because I'm constantly barking)

Sit down, shut up, listen to everything, talk seldom.
When you have something to contribute think it through first.
Wait for that pause where everyone is quiet. Then quietly state your point.
It takes time, patience, and control, but it does work.

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2008, 09:20:30 AM »
Why not just ignore his posts? Nobody is putting a gun to your head and making you read them.

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »
2nd wing?
The second wing should be called "===Cmustard Fan Club==="
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2008, 11:35:23 AM »
At least you're not half as bad as valdals and zoozoo.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com