Author Topic: 49th/JG54 duel  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: 49th/JG54 duel
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 01:25:40 PM »
49th in Js and Ls?

Shoulda taken the 38G :)

Fun to tangle with 109s in the old G
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

storch

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 06:09:11 PM »

Besides, it's not their skill that's ever been questioned or criticized.
I differ with you here.  my challenge was presented in response to stampf's left handed slight that I was posting stories about the general lameness in JG11's game play and your concurrance that they don't run to ack.  we have seen that at least your squadron will place it's money where it's mouth is.  with regard to the other squadron we now all can see that they will simply not step up to the plate.  in any event I'm satisfied with the latter result and have nothing further to add to this forum or the current game in the AvA.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 06:39:30 PM »
I differ with you here.  my challenge was presented in response to stampf's left handed slight that I was posting stories about the general lameness in JG11's game play and your concurrance that they don't run to ack.  we have seen that at least your squadron will place it's money where it's mouth is.  with regard to the other squadron we now all can see that they will simply not step up to the plate.  in any event I'm satisfied with the latter result and have nothing further to add to this forum or the current game in the AvA.
Nobody in JG11 has ever questioned the pilot skill in JG54. I'm not sure where you got that from.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 06:51:46 PM »
my guess it that you started at equal alt .. being da and all
you lost before you started flying that barn against anyone with the slightest idea of how to fly the 109 .. and a few 54's have alittle more than just an idea :)
 I think even storch can kill a 38 in a 109 LOL

Care to try it against me with 6k alt advantage to the 38?
 :salute
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 07:33:03 PM »

Hmm seems to be a little meat left on the bone of this horse. I have never witnessed JG-11 run to the ack. I have seen them at 25K+, and I've seen them in the weeds. We had one high altitude engagement with them where nobody was shot down. That doesn't mean we were not fighting, most of us left the battle with holes and smoke. Just nobody got a clear clear, evidently there were some ditches.

Aside from that one engagement every time JG-11 and the 49th have met up people get shot down. It was rare that nobody got shot down in that one engagement so both sides left with a respectful Salute.  The fun we had in the fight  was also expressed on the boards. For some reason you think you need to take issue with it. This bothers you so much you 've mentioned it twice. Why? WTF do you care if people happen to be respectful of each other? I'm giving you my experience with JG-11. I've never seen them run to the ack. Just as in last nights duel. You accused one our pilots of running to the ack. When in fact all he was doing was trying to get some separation so he could engage and not get killed in the initial turn. You did admit you were mistaken however.

Storch you regularly insult and  talk about everybody's lameness in the arena. You mention it in almost every thread you participate in. You even mention it in the quote above. Then you fall all apart like a girl who soiled herself in class, because Stampf defends the reputation of his squad? You can dish it out but you can't take it. Stampf never said anything about JG54 being lame, he said your opinion of JG-11 is skewed and the things you were saying about them were incorrect. I happen to agree with him. Nobody insulted JG-54's flying, the complaints are about your behavior. Okay we responded to your challenge you got your victory, and everyone knows JG-54 clocked the 49th. That's not enough is it? You're going to keep beating this thing until you get what?? What's your agenda? You think you're going to run everyone out of the arena? That's not going to happen. Are you seeing who you can get pissed off so they'll possibly get a PNG? That's possible, I may have one waiting on me when Skuzzy gets back, but I wouldn't change anything I've posted. Or are you just so unhinged you cannot participate on this BBS, or in the arena without making yourself the center of attention no matter what it takes? Is it that important to you to be noticed? I hope you are dropping this, because it's not doing the arena or anybody else any good. I knew yesterday when you started posting it was going to be a long day.

Personally I don't blame JG-11 for not dueling you. I think it has very little to do with that they're afraid you'll beat them. I think it probably has more to do with them watching how desperate you get when you're ignored, and having a good laugh. Bottom line you're the one that started pissing on other peoples reputations, this drama, and acting so offended and blowing a statement out of proportion pointed back your direction... Sheesh grow up, and take responsibility for your own behavior..

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 07:33:21 PM »
Eagler will eat you alive.  :lol

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 07:40:48 PM »
Personally I don't blame JG-11 for not dueling you. I think it has very little to do with that they're afraid you'll beat them. I think it probably has more to do with them watching how desperate you get when you're ignored, and having a good laugh.
Dang shifty, it's like you're a psychic!  :lol

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 07:58:48 PM »
And to make sure we're clear I was that pilot running in the second engagement. I had already gotten two kills and was working on my third when I suddenly realized I was the only one in my squadron in the air. (I have not yet developed the Jedi like SA that some of you aces have.) I broke off my pursuit of the third fighter when I saw the 4th coming in and no more friendly help left.

I broke off blind and went for the deck. I didn't actually know what direction I was running in. I just knew I had 2 fighters behind me at just 1K and that I needed more space in order to turn around. So I went nose low and flew looking out the back of the plane pretty much the whole time trying to see if you guys would break off or stay on me hot.

Until my squadies called out over the radio that I was coming back towards our base I had no idea that I was. And even then we never came within view of the base. Left to my own devices I would have kept on going till I had like 2-3k of separation before re-engaging, but didn't want to keep everyone waiting on me. So I turned back early.
Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 08:17:26 PM »

Interesting,

I've never seen JG11 "run" and I know they've flown multiple squad on squad duels...so obviously we have "issues". Now when "we" fly 4 on 4 duels we fly both sides. So when we fly F4F-zeke or 109E vs spitI etc both groups fly both sides. We normally fly 3 or more "sets" to determine a winner...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 10:54:44 PM »
 :salute to shifty and company!! great job, sorry i missed it.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 12:25:21 AM »
 :lol
Eagler will eat you alive.  :lol
Wasn't that way in the AvA a week or more ago.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 12:29:19 AM »
In my opinion JG11 is the dominate AVA squad by far.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2008, 12:55:11 AM »
In my opinion JG11 is the dominate AVA squad by far.
True that is Flatiron.  And if I might add, they are a class act Squad that are not only hard to beat, but good sports on those rare occassions that they lose a plane or two.

~Nobodee~   Get Poached!

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2008, 01:42:34 AM »
:lol  Wasn't that way in the AvA a week or more ago.

You must have caught him napping or in a pic Odee. Eagler is one tough 109 driver. If you get the duel with him, let me know I got dibs on your stuff. :D
Seriously I'd like to watch you two. :)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2008, 08:26:06 AM »
Hmm seems to be a little meat left on the bone of this horse. I have never witnessed JG-11 run to the ack. I have seen them at 25K+, and I've seen them in the weeds. We had one high altitude engagement with them where nobody was shot down. That doesn't mean we were not fighting, most of us left the battle with holes and smoke. Just nobody got a clear clear, evidently there were some ditches.

Aside from that one engagement every time JG-11 and the 49th have met up people get shot down. It was rare that nobody got shot down in that one engagement so both sides left with a respectful Salute.  The fun we had in the fight  was also expressed on the boards. For some reason you think you need to take issue with it. This bothers you so much you 've mentioned it twice. Why? WTF do you care if people happen to be respectful of each other? I'm giving you my experience with JG-11. I've never seen them run to the ack. Just as in last nights duel. You accused one our pilots of running to the ack. When in fact all he was doing was trying to get some separation so he could engage and not get killed in the initial turn. You did admit you were mistaken however.

Storch you regularly insult and  talk about everybody's lameness in the arena. You mention it in almost every thread you participate in. You even mention it in the quote above. Then you fall all apart like a girl who soiled herself in class, because Stampf defends the reputation of his squad? You can dish it out but you can't take it. Stampf never said anything about JG54 being lame, he said your opinion of JG-11 is skewed and the things you were saying about them were incorrect. I happen to agree with him. Nobody insulted JG-54's flying, the complaints are about your behavior. Okay we responded to your challenge you got your victory, and everyone knows JG-54 clocked the 49th. That's not enough is it? You're going to keep beating this thing until you get what?? What's your agenda? You think you're going to run everyone out of the arena? That's not going to happen. Are you seeing who you can get pissed off so they'll possibly get a PNG? That's possible, I may have one waiting on me when Skuzzy gets back, but I wouldn't change anything I've posted. Or are you just so unhinged you cannot participate on this BBS, or in the arena without making yourself the center of attention no matter what it takes? Is it that important to you to be noticed? I hope you are dropping this, because it's not doing the arena or anybody else any good. I knew yesterday when you started posting it was going to be a long day.

Personally I don't blame JG-11 for not dueling you. I think it has very little to do with that they're afraid you'll beat them. I think it probably has more to do with them watching how desperate you get when you're ignored, and having a good laugh. Bottom line you're the one that started pissing on other peoples reputations, this drama, and acting so offended and blowing a statement out of proportion pointed back your direction... Sheesh grow up, and take responsibility for your own behavior..

Well said, Shifty. Too bad he won't read it.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group