Author Topic: S.E.A. request and report  (Read 92 times)

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
S.E.A. request and report
« on: May 20, 2000, 12:06:00 AM »
Tonight the 13th had scheduled a special event with another squadron from the MA. I tried to comm the Luftwaffe Kommanduer to no avail. Although things were certainly disorganized I led the group out and attempted to locate and destroy the enemy; icons off! We discovered something interesting.

Although it looked to me that I could ID planes, most of my boys reported they could not. Yet, everytime we merged with "The Dark Side" they were guns ready and tracking, not unsure at all of their attackers intents. "Surely," I thought, "they couldn't know our ID's or intentions by our dots?"

So, I have to ask, am I seeing things? Can you guys tell from the iconless dots what plane types they are? It seemed to me that I could, but I trust my wing implicitly, and he said no. So, replies?

Also, HTC would you consider turning the icons off altogether? I don't really trust the other guys to alt-i the icons out, especially if they are having the same trouble my fellow squaddies were. I, for one, wish you would.

On another note. My connection was extremely good in the SEA. No red screen, smooth as silk, and very nice.    

[This message has been edited by Voss (edited 05-20-2000).]

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
S.E.A. request and report
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2000, 12:58:00 AM »
Were you Mustangs? If you were, there is absolutely no problem tracking you. That silver body, red tail... you are easily spotted from faaaaar away. If I see the red on front you are nose-off, red back is nose-on. On my monitor and settings, very easy to discern.

Now when you are a Spitfire...