Author Topic: Fun Bomb run  (Read 248 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Fun Bomb run
« on: June 21, 2008, 07:38:27 PM »
Joined a mission today that turned out to be quite a fun run. We were heading to 23 but it was taken before we got there. So the buffs split. The lancs blazed on to 19 and the 24s were sent to 20, an uncaptureable base. Before I hardly got headed that way a P47 dived in on me setting one of my drones on fire. I barely got a shot off but did ping him a little. 2 of our fighters dived in on him a bit later and killed him.

Then a tempest came in on me. I saw him coming this time and pinged him pretty good as he went by. He did manage to take out the remaining drones engine. I later get the kill. Finally we made it to 20 and began bombing the strats. On my 4th attack run I ran out of fuel. So I dove towards the nearest base.

This time a 109 came in on me and killed my last drone. What he did then surprised the heck out of me. He flat turned just 400 yards out in front. I was so taken aback I almost forgot to shoot. Now if there are any guns you want to use it is the nose gun. Lots of ammo and it saves the rear guns. So I put a steady stream of lead in the large silhouette and he was gone, Kill #2.

Then another 109 attacks disabling an engine. Now if I wasn't surprised by the flat turning 1st 109 I was sure was by the second one. It seems that a buff with no engine is just to compelling of a target. He pulled up about 1.5k out and the dove on my last plane from the front. Now I get to use my nose guns again and pinged him pretty good. To my amazement he crashes into my plane and I get kill #3.

The surprises are not over. I'm going wow, someone is watching over me. Keep in mind I am a glider. So after he passes on I start checking the tanks for fuel. I found some and restarted the plane. That soon runs out and I find another tank. Of course that soon runs out and I find a 3rd with 2 min of fuel. I just might make it back to base. I can now see the base and the airstrip. Then I spot a 262 coming in on me. I dive down for speed and to get low to the turf hoping it makes me a harder target. I quickly jump to the rear gun and start shooting at him. I miss terribly and he soars by. What the heck where's he going now! That soon became apparent. He lawndarted into a small hill side. Kill #4.

I'm now about 5 k out from the landing strip. I'm going to make it, I'm going to make it!! And then a niki comes in on me as I run out of fuel and just crushes my last buff. I was bound to run out of luck sometime I guess. Shoot!! Still though a very fun run.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 09:36:44 PM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Re: Fun Bomb run
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 07:57:08 PM »
Can I buy a paragraph break?  :confused:
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 08:01:50 PM »
For 20 dollars. How's that!

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 08:06:31 PM »

Then another 109 comes into me but barely pings but gets an engine. Now if I wasn't surprised by the flat turning 1st 109 I was sure was by the second one. It seems that a buff with no engine is just to compelling of a target. He pulled up about 1.5k out and the dove on my last plane from the front. Now I get to use my nose guns again and pinged him pretty good. To my amazement he crashes into my plane and I get kill #3.

I only had 5 rounds of 30mm left and got lazy....  :noid
A head on attack at the cockpit is pretty much the only choice in that case, I didn't get enough separation for a proper pass and was unable to pull up.
Kinda ticked me off considering how cleanly I destroyed your drone.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 08:09:31 PM »
For 20 dollars. How's that!

Ty, that's much better  :D
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 08:34:41 PM »
I only had 5 rounds of 30mm left and got lazy....  :noid
A head on attack at the cockpit is pretty much the only choice in that case, I didn't get enough separation for a proper pass and was unable to pull up.
Kinda ticked me off considering how cleanly I destroyed your drone.

I wasn't going to name names because I realize a couple of the guys are excellent pilots. I make mistakes too.