Author Topic: why i dont get too excited about...  (Read 1150 times)

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
why i dont get too excited about...
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2001, 07:27:00 PM »
Milenko ,, are you making a pass at me?? if so  I'll bring the KY jelly next trip to Portland

[This message has been edited by paintmaw (edited 04-04-2001).]

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2001, 09:50:00 PM »
Only passes I'd make at ya would be in a MANLY plane like a 190, and fill your butt with 20mm  

OH MY!

Offline wizzer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2001, 10:20:00 PM »
Drex who?

Lazs, per your original subject line. "Cause your an old bastard"  

wizzer

[This message has been edited by wizzer (edited 04-04-2001).]

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2001, 12:17:00 AM »
I love it when you talk dirty Milenko

lazs

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2001, 08:34:00 AM »
now deja... don't get all defensive on me here... My comment applied to all stats in general.  I said top pilots not top killers.  Looking at the stats you would see one pilot  with a very good K/D ratio and another with a worse K/D in the same plane.  Who is better in that plane?  Who would win a 1 v 1?   does gunnery percent translate into being a good or a poor shot?   does total score predict the best all around player?  

Stats don't mean anything except to the person who is making em.  Only he knows what he is or isn't trying to do.  AH tracs a lot of different things in the stats.  I like that about AH, something for everyone.

I do find it kinda amusing tho when someone trys to figure out another players skill level by looking at his score or a particular stat.
lazs

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2001, 08:58:00 AM »

now deja... don't get all defensive on me here... My comment applied to all stats in general.

Oh really.. even this one?:

drex jumped in the la7 and had a 5 kill sortie first time out... drex is not listed as a top la7 stick

Seems like a direct reference to the top 10 killers by plane stats to me.  But I must just be reading into things again.. just as the 10 people posting after me did.

Looking at the stats you would see one pilot with a very good K/D ratio and another with a worse K/D in the same plane. Who is better in that plane?

Wow.. I thought this wasn't about the stats I generated.  There is a listing of killers by plane somewhere else?  Of course, this has been discussed at length elsewhere prior to the stats even coming out.  

But feel free to tout the prowess of your squadie whenever you want.  Just don't get too upset when people point out you are doing it.  I know I've never seen Drex on the forums doing it, so can I assume he appointed you as his media lackey?

The truth is, people's abbilities are evident withouth any stats.  I know drex is awesome in a D25 because I've faught him in it and he kicked my bellybutton (well.. maybe not kicked but he did win).  Those actions speak louder than any words or numbers.  They also speak louder than you coming in here and tooting his horn.

Stats don't mean anything except to the person who is making em.

Oh.. come on lazs, who is getting defensive/offensive here.  The truth is, they mean exactly what they were presented as.  They mean that those pilots scored the most kills in those aircraft.

You're the one that seems to have a problem with that.  I can't help but wonder why.  Coming in and saying "Drex woulda lead in a cheesy plane like the La-7 if he woulda flown it" is insulting to everyone on the La-7 list (yes I know you were there too) and it is using a classy pilot's name to do it.  That is both petty and in bad taste.

By the way, as mentioned in another reply, Drex would have lead (or been close to it) in virtually any plane he chose to fly.  Nobody doubts that.  What is in doubt is why you would chose to bring it up.

I do find it kinda amusing tho when someone trys to figure out another players skill level by looking at his score or a particular stat.

And I'm trying to see where that was done.  To be honest, I don't.  So, what I find amusing is when someone says something like this without it having occured.  Once again, a term like "defensive" comes to mind.

AKDejaVu

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2001, 09:02:00 AM »
LOL!

I love it when the big mouths of AGW or AH´s bboard dont make the lists, ive seen these excuses before gents. To some people the ones who posts the most on the boards is the best pilots...

btw i dont think i made any lists this tour..have been away too long...

------------------
AH : Maniac
WB : -nr-1-
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2001, 09:13:00 AM »
     ------------
                '
                '
                '
                '
                [
------------------------------------

Sorry, couldnt resist    
Anybody got any bait?

CRASH

Originally posted by CRASH:
I would agree....ya wanna become a top pilot, spend all ur time hangin' out over fields we've established cap over and vulch like mad.  It's not that they're the best sticks, they're just timid.  Put simply, IMO they fly for score.    

CRASH

[This message has been edited by CRASH (edited 04-05-2001).]

[This message has been edited by CRASH (edited 04-05-2001).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2001, 09:38:00 AM »
Damn you crash  Excellent troll.. one I didn't even see coming.

AKDejaVu

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2001, 09:41:00 AM »
hehehe....my first one on a board

CRASH

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
Damn you crash    Excellent troll.. one I didn't even see coming.

AKDejaVu

lazs

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2001, 02:42:00 PM »
deja i think you missed the whole point of my post.  i did use your top ten killers as an example but i meant just what I said... That stats don't really give the picture.  My comments were more a comment on the fact that a mediocre pilot like myself would show up in several plane lists over much better pilots..  

I meant what I said.. the stats are only useful to the guy who is flyin em.  he, and only he knows what he is trying to achieve and the stats are a good yardstick... for him.

for the top ten killers thing... I spend about an average time on line (i think) maybe a little less.   for whatever reason, I decided to fly the lag for the whole tour whenever the cv was not near any action...  As a result.... I placed very high in lag and Hog 1d stats... If I would have spent more time in other planes then I would probly not be on any lists.... conversly, i would have placed higher in one plane if I had stuck with only one plane...

In any case..... my skill or lack thereof would not have changed only my listing as a top killer.
lazs

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2001, 04:07:00 PM »
Crash, I'd hate you...if I didn't respect you so damned much!  
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!