Author Topic: VMF-251 Decorations for 6/20  (Read 371 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
VMF-251 Decorations for 6/20
« on: June 25, 2008, 09:36:44 PM »
Little late, but the guys gave me quite a bit to do on this frame, plus I still need to write up two AARs, and issue the standard campaign ribbons.  :rolleyes:

All members of VMF-251 participating in the frame of 6/20 received the Navy Unit Commendation for the downing of a combined 17 aircraft of the enemy (that being the operative word, which I shall get to momentarily) during action over Guadalcanal and the surrounding islands.

Additionally, for participation in surface combat, such as it was (Sled, did you have a chance to review that film?), all appropriate members participating in the frame of 6/20 received the Combat Action Ribbon.

For the downing of more than five but less than ten aircraft of the enemy in a frame, Air Medals have been awarded to MEF4UD and HAMMERR.

For the downing of his fifth enemy aircraft in FSO, and achieving the status of Ace, HAMMERR has been presented the Commendation Medal.

For receiving a pilot wound in aerial combat, and safely returning in his aircraft for a successful on-runway landing, Herder has been awarded the Purple Heart.

For spawning on the runway with guns blazing, and destroying six of his comrades before their engines have even been started, Spanky38 is the first in the squadron to be honored with the Over Eager award. However I've not yet finished with Spanky, and have something special planned for his Roster profile....  :devil
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 09:40:13 PM by Saxman »
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.