Author Topic: Win the war....  (Read 1317 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Win the war....
« on: June 23, 2008, 02:25:53 PM »
lol last time I played think it was Saturday the Rooks were on a "win the war"  rage trying to take all of TT.. Supposedly to get a new map in orange, was the excuse. I just logged in to see the map was reset sometime since I played back to the same map again. 

That's called Karma for trying to take TT island.. :rofl :rofl :rofl  Told you tards to leave TT alone.
"strafing"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Win the war....
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 02:48:12 PM »
Map wasn't won. And Sudz did a restart the server today.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 02:54:30 PM »
Map wasn't won. And Sudz did a restart the server today.

Yea I figured this much.. Told the tards Saturday that no one ever wins that map by taking TT. Was the typical, win the war types thinking they can take TT and that will force the furballers into helping them  win the map. lol when will they ever learn.  :lol
"strafing"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 03:34:28 PM »
Yea I figured this much.. Told the tards Saturday that no one ever wins that map by taking TT. Was the typical, win the war types thinking they can take TT and that will force the furballers into helping them  win the map. lol when will they ever learn.  :lol

Bish were trying to do the same Thursday night.   I porked all of the troops with the exception of one barracks at A85.   

I've come to an understanding that the "inept and bottom feeders of AH" feel the need to make "excuses".    Their excuses for taking TT are pathetic and pointless.   There is absolutely no reason to take TT bases, other than to deliberately ruin the fun.    Not to mention those wishing for a hop or two of good fights without having to go far.   

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 04:36:54 PM »
Bish were trying to do the same Thursday night.   I porked all of the troops with the exception of one barracks at A85.   

I've come to an understanding that the "inept and bottom feeders of AH" feel the need to make "excuses".    Their excuses for taking TT are pathetic and pointless.   There is absolutely no reason to take TT bases, other than to deliberately ruin the fun.    Not to mention those wishing for a hop or two of good fights without having to go far.   

Yea I don't care if the GV guys battle it out for the Vbases and capture them. There are so many Vbases and they are so close together, you can still find a GV fight on TT even if you have to roll from the A Base. It's when they start trying to capture the A bases that it really ticks me off, because it makes it next to impossible to find fast fights for the late night early morning guys.
"strafing"

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 06:12:46 PM »
Isn't Tank Town the small island map, where there is a town in the center of the island, with spawn points radiating towards it?  This weekend map in orange was the monster island base, not really TT I don't think.  Either way I didn't see it get captured, I was able to play this weekend too.

Anyway, merit for the tactic aside, all sides do it.   It is not a mutually exclusive trait of any one chess piece side to capture or not capture. 

Plus, if HTC didn't want those bases capture-able, they would be, well, uh, uncapture-able.   

:noid

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 06:37:27 PM »
I see it's "Two years ago" all over again.   

Sweet, I'm game for this.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 07:36:35 PM »
Isn't Tank Town the small island map, where there is a town in the center of the island, with spawn points radiating towards it?  This weekend map in orange was the monster island base, not really TT I don't think.  Either way I didn't see it get captured, I was able to play this weekend too.

Anyway, merit for the tactic aside, all sides do it.   It is not a mutually exclusive trait of any one chess piece side to capture or not capture. 

Plus, if HTC didn't want those bases capture-able, they would be, well, uh, uncapture-able.   

Tank town is a reference on several maps that have been made. It is just an area tankers can battle it in a close area and could have airfields near each other so guys can furball in a small area for quick fights. So TT is not 1 particular map, it's a reference to an area on certain maps.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 07:39:24 PM by SFCHONDO »
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 09:29:14 PM »
Tank town is a reference on several maps that have been made. It is just an area tankers can battle it in a close area and could have airfields near each other so guys can furball in a small area for quick fights. So TT is not 1 particular map, it's a reference to an area on certain maps.

Yea I just used TT because that's what I hear it called a lot. Some call it FT (Fighter Town) or Furball Island is another popular name and probably the best name for it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 09:31:35 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 10:15:22 PM »
MISSION UPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 JOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops,wrong area,must be a reflex when I see the words "win the war"

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 10:18:55 PM »

I usually leave TT alone unless rooks or knits are trying to take it all away. Then I just take the bases that bish originally had back and go back to my own thing.  :aok
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 10:53:45 PM »
make all TT bases uncapturable is the only answer, otherwise someone will always be trying to take it, because "a base is a base"

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 11:08:22 PM »
make all TT bases uncapturable is the only answer, otherwise someone will always be trying to take it, because "a base is a base"

If you wanted to go that route, I would make the airfields at TT uncapturable, not all of them.  Otherwise there wouldn't be a need for several V bases.  You would only need one per country.
"Hello, Newman."

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 11:18:02 PM »

Interesting as it is, bishops tried very hard thursday to take tank town and failed - even with overwhelming horde and even NOE to rooks TT base they failed. As if bishops didn't even own 25% of rook fields yet - taking tank town fields just is rather childish - especially if your not even close to winning the war. I am waiting for the knits to try an NOE on the rook field, as bishops already sent enough CV's over  :aok

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 07:45:09 AM »
I see it's "Two years ago" all over again.   

Sweet, I'm game for this.

I remember that thread.... Seemed like those that advocated and welcomed change were infact stagnating in the past.  Capture criteria prior to this present day one.

On a side bar I actually liked the field by field (linked) progressive capture criteria.  Don't think it lasted more than 1 tour before it was dropped.  To me that was innovative to bring the strat / furballer player together.

At the time I think I was against but on reflection it was the best idea.  I think why I didn't enitially like it was HTC was "brain storming" us with to many idea's after the arena split.  Those were big battles / captures at peak time but near impossible off peak.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 07:57:56 AM by LYNX »