Author Topic: Remove "Top Pilots of Tour" from News?  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
Re: Remove "Top Pilots of Tour" from News?
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2008, 11:39:20 PM »
Along with this just replace "Top Pilots of Tour"

With......"Top Sqdn's of the Tour"

CAVALRY

I was thinking the same thing, except adding "Top Squads of the Tour" instead of replacing "Top Pilots"
"Hello, Newman."

Offline Slamfire

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2008, 12:53:17 AM »
How many are interested in seeing this on the front News page every tour? Personally I think it gives the wrong impression to visitors and new players that Aces High is focused on score/rank rather then it's historic content,mates and team work.

I agree 100% - I'm tired of seeing The Usual Suspects (aka: the ones with no lives) pimping themselves out every month all for the name of score.

BOO!  HISS!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Air Chief Marshal, Elite Top Aces
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2008, 10:52:13 AM »
I would rather prefer a "Babe of the Month"  ;)

I agree Lusche, I think this months babe of the month should be bruv119, anyone got any naked pics ?

Offline Trikky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2008, 12:41:54 PM »
Oh now hang on! Dont remove it....its the only sure indication that gameplay sucks as much now as when I left! So long as the usual suspects are up there I know my 14.95 is safe in my pocket.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2008, 12:48:08 PM »
I think they should leave them, the top pilots. However, I do like the top squadron idea. I think both do and would attract players.

To be honest why do we really play? For me it's the comraderie and of course the thrill of the hunt. I also think it honors are brave WWII pilots.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2008, 10:54:31 PM »
I was thinking the same thing, except adding "Top Squads of the Tour" instead of replacing "Top Pilots"

HI

SQDN is the right acronym for the word  Squadron.     

In military terminology, a "squad" is a small military unit led by a non-commissioned officer (NCO) that is subordinate to an infantry platoon.    A squadron is a small unit or formation of cavalry, aircraft (including balloons), or warships.

CAVALRY

Retired Army and former CSM of an Armored Cavalry "SQDN"   :salute                       

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2008, 12:28:44 AM »
HI

SQDN is the right acronym for the word  Squadron.     

In military terminology, a "squad" is a small military unit led by a non-commissioned officer (NCO) that is subordinate to an infantry platoon.    A squadron is a small unit or formation of cavalry, aircraft (including balloons), or warships.

CAVALRY

Retired Army and former CSM of an Armored Cavalry "SQDN"   :salute                       

But you knew what I was sayin'....Thanks for clearing that up though.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 12:47:33 AM by Newman5 »
"Hello, Newman."

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2008, 10:03:59 AM »
or the FSO results for the month.  or the scenarios, koth or races  .... team stuff.   

:noid

This is a spectacular idea.  Unless it causes more cheating morons to invade FSO...  Other than that, I think this would highlight the team aspect in the case of FSO, the individual "ace" aspect of KOTH and races.  Having to highlight anything about the MA is almost moot, because once you join, you gravitate there anyway.

I thought that doing a list of top Squadrons would be good too until I realized that their are some squads out there that are as bad at being scoremongers and some of the individual players are.  So they would be at the top of the list consistently as well.  Still that would be better than the list of top individual scores.

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2008, 10:21:56 AM »
One way to help remove cheats is to quit predicting they'll show up.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2008, 03:28:44 PM »
I would rather prefer a "Babe of the Month"  ;)

:aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2008, 05:49:32 PM »
Hmmm.. getting an idea... all current top 10 pilots having a special marked dot on map...visible for all countries all the time  :devil

I vote for this one. Look at all the recognition they would receive. Better than "Name In Lights"

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs