Author Topic: Film Viewer  (Read 352 times)

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
Film Viewer
« on: June 23, 2008, 10:43:26 PM »
So I'm at work trying to kill time and don't have access to my computer and its film viewer.  Is there somewhere I can get the AH II film viewer?  Pretty Please??  :pray
"Hello, Newman."

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
Re: Film Viewer
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 10:45:19 PM »
So I'm at work trying to kill time and don't have access to my computer and its film viewer.  Is there somewhere I can get the AH II film viewer?  Pretty Please??  :pray

Download it to your computer from the downloads section. You may wanna go to your home computer and e-mail films to your work computer. And if ya wana, you could find films around from the website and check them out. Get fraps, windows-movie-maker, and some tunes and make a vid.  :aok
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 10:47:11 PM »
You have to download and install the game to get the Film viewer as it needs to game to render films to watch.  There is no stand-alone download.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 10:52:28 PM »
You have to download and install the game to get the Film viewer as it needs to game to render films to watch.  There is no stand-alone download.

:furious :mad: Son Of A..... :mad: :furious 

Thanks
"Hello, Newman."

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 10:55:53 PM »
Ok, I know it's a stretch, but how about converting .ahf files to .wmv???
"Hello, Newman."

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 11:43:33 PM »
You have to use the film viewer to do that and possibly another program.  You can either use a program to 'record what you're viewing' in the Film Viewer (e.g. Fraps), or you use the Stream/Save as AVI button in the film viewer (last time I used this it was buggy).

Both these methods would yield you a '.avi' file.  You would need something like Windows Movie Maker to convert that avi file to wmv.

Movie making is a larger step than just watching film.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 11:50:42 PM »
Well, you're just full of good news, aren't you!!   :lol   Thanks for your help...maybe I'll just start bringing my laptop to work with me from now on.  :salute
"Hello, Newman."