Author Topic: What do you mean I'm married?!?  (Read 316 times)

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
What do you mean I'm married?!?
« on: June 25, 2008, 01:26:15 PM »
Waking up the next morning and forgetting the details of the night before is bad.  But this would be a nightmare.   :rolleyes:

This also redefines the meaning of "very understanding".

============================

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,371265,00.html

An Australian bridegroom was horrified to learn after he had walked down the aisle that he was already married — after a drunken holiday romance he could barely remember.

The husband has had to confess in the Family Court that he spent 28 days partying and drinking in Arizona in 1978 on leave from his job as a cook on the oil rigs.

He can remember the "nice" blonde American woman he met through a pen pal newspaper advertisement — but little more.

"He has no recollection of going through any form of ceremony of marriage with her, or of discussing marriage, or of anything referable to marriage," said Justice Sally Brown, who annulled the marriage last month.

Not only that, but the man, who describes himself as an old-fashioned romantic, was already married at the time — to his wife of 14 years.

Yesterday the 67-year-old, who cannot be identified, told The Daily Telegraph "the sky fell in" when he was shown the Arizona marriage license.

"I looked at the signature and thought it could have been mine or it could not have been," he said.

The man had since divorced his 1966 wife. It was when he married his Hawaiian girlfriend in 2006 and applied to live in Hawaii with her that U.S. immigration authorities broke the bad news.

He said his latest wife, who has become his girlfriend again because their marriage was declared invalid, was very understanding.

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
Re: What do you mean I'm married?!?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 02:48:22 PM »
Well I believe him, it's all so plausible.  :rolleyes: Didn't think it would catch up with him did he?

Offline slipknot

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 02:49:15 PM »
Who hasn't gone through this sort of thing?

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 04:27:05 PM »
I haven't.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 04:29:04 PM »
Not me.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 08:00:44 PM »
Not that I remember
LOL
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty