Author Topic: Just for Fun  (Read 278 times)

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
Just for Fun
« on: June 24, 2008, 01:29:32 AM »
I posted this as just for fun but kinda serious too.  If you had an extra thousand or two dollars, where would you try and make some money with it?  Penny Stocks?  An ounce or 2 of Gold?  Mutual funds?  Also the money is completely expendable.
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline SpazMan

• Nickel Member
Re: Just for Fun
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 09:29:20 AM »
Some in penny stocks and some in gold. I new a guy who did well with penny stocks.. :)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 09:39:11 AM »
Buy low (Current market) sell high (Future market).  Mutual fund, then add $100 a month to it automatic deposit for 5 years. Roll it into an IRA.

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 10:38:48 AM »
Ok, more specifically, was looking if anybody would volunteer a stock (penny or otherwise) that you have been watching.  I have mutual funds and Ira mutual funds and a few individual stocks also, but living where I do ( western Kansas) limits walking in a stockbrokers office and visiting.  Or is there a specific mutual fund that someone feels will make a great short term investment.  I was kind of looking to take this said thousand or two and be kind of speculative.
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 11:06:37 AM »
My sister made a few hundred thousand in penny stocks
She was a broker - the ones who didn't make money in penny stocks were the ones who bought them

:eek:

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 11:09:26 AM »
Housing prices are still falling. Buy one, do some make-ready, and rent it out. Rent covers the mortgage, puts an extra few bucks in your pocket, and you gain equity the entire time.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 11:19:31 AM »
Housing prices are still falling. Buy one, do some make-ready, and rent it out. Rent covers the mortgage, puts an extra few bucks in your pocket, and you gain equity the entire time.
With an extra $1-2K?
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 11:43:09 AM »
Buy low (Current market) sell high (Future market).  Mutual fund, then add $100 a month to it automatic deposit for 5 years. Roll it into an IRA.

RIP gets it........just make sure that mutual fund is not aggressive...and it's well diversified.  but if I could add one thing....... make sure it's a ROTH IRA....not just an IRA. if you are married and over 30 and do not have a Roth IRA.....you are a fool.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 11:45:01 AM by ZetaNine »

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 11:46:48 AM »
One word.... plastic.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 11:50:37 AM »
One word.... plastic.

ELAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Hawk78th

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 05:06:26 PM »
... extra thousand or two dollars,....

I'll take the Thousand... ( 2 bucks won't even get a 1/2 gallon gas lately...) but anyway, Put it ina Roth IRA, like mentiond above... best advice
 :D
JHawk  (in Game)