Author Topic: CV groups still too close to attacked fields ...  (Read 81 times)

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
CV groups still too close to attacked fields ...
« on: January 24, 2001, 01:15:00 AM »
Yesterday I was defending A1 from the usual horde of zombie Bishes C-Hog, TBM and Zekes.

Their fleet was miles east of A1, I was miles west of A1 grabbing alt and the ack was still following me like an hungry wolf with deadly precision. The usual annoying gangbang followed.

Wasnt the last patch supposed to fix this problem/bug?
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Pepino

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2001, 02:10:00 AM »
Hehehehe....zombie Bishes....hehehe.

IMHO, the issue does not deal with CV being too close, but with the lack of proper coastal defense batteries.

I do agree, however, that while we do not get those, TG's should not be allowed to act as a ostwind way over in steroids. OTOH, is fun to man 5" when close to Airfields.

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline SC-GreyBeard

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/oneshot/main.htm
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2001, 04:41:00 AM »
Way cool,, yup, that'd stop them carriers,, several 16" gun batteries, deep within twelve to 20 foot thick concrete, (gonna need a LOT of bombs to kill one of them bastiges....)

(I've run around and through the old WWII and earlier batteries on the Marin headlands, way cool)

------------------
GreyBeard, Squadron Leader
Commander, "B" Flight, Aces High
Senior Staff Council
"The Skeleton Crew"
"Fly with Honor"[/i]
"Keepin' the Faith"