Author Topic: Warping, Warping, Warping  (Read 132 times)

Offline Hawg

• Zinc Member
Warping, Warping, Warping
« on: January 24, 2001, 07:15:00 AM »
Not much more to say about it that the title doesn't say already. The warping is so bad lately, that if there are six or seven units, A/C or G/V at a base or even over the water, you can empty your guns on nothing even when it shows less than 300 ft. Not just my computer either. All in the squad last night and the night before experienced the same thing, at the same time.
Whiiiiiiiiiine.

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2001, 07:20:00 AM »
I logged last night for that reason. I'm wondering if that is what screwed up my perk points last night. I shot down 2 chogs in a 109G2 and landed. I got 1.74 points. Shouldn't it have been more like 6-8?

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2001, 08:47:00 AM »
Well, If your intent was to whine, that was accomplished.

If you want some help to try and FIX the problem, I suggest you grab www.pingplotter.com  and trace beta.hitechcreations.com and alt.hitechcreations.com.  Post the results in the Internet Connectivity forum and I will try to help you identify the problem and work around it.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2001, 08:53:00 AM »
I had that nasty "rubber bullets" problem as well. Looks like it happens when you fight in the big furballs near CV groups, even when I have a good connx. So, is it a problem of FPS or ping time ... or both?

<S>!
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2001, 08:58:00 AM »
Same problem here.

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2001, 10:57:00 AM »
Woof Hawg!

When I started flying AH (tour 4) I was amazed by the seeming lack of warping. Fresh out of Air Warper 3, and CFS on the zone, I thought I had found heaven.

Nothing has changed on my end. Still using a P-II, 128mhz with a Couger 32 bit Vid card. Internet hookup via DSL.

I'm way far from being any kind of an expert on this stuff, (actually I'm pretty much computer illiterate) but the warping problem seemed to begin shortly after the rumors regarding the reduced rate subscribers.

Before this, a prime time MA might contain some 120 people. Now prime time usually averages over 200. This is when I experience the majority of the warping.

Many times I fly very early in the morning, (2 am PT) with perhaps 30 people in the MA. During these sessions, warping is not evident.

As I said, I'm ignorant in these matters, but it seems that the volumes of subscribers logged on seems to be stretching the capabilities of the servers.

Just my two cents worth.

Weave

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2001, 11:18:00 AM »
 I've not seen much warping at all these days but when I have seen a bogy warp about so do the folks who were near by me.

You might want to try improving your connection Hawg via the many tweaks and fixes out there.

-Westy

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 01-24-2001).]

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2001, 09:50:00 PM »
Where can one find tweaks and fixes for their connection? I have pingplotter, but what do I do if the connections look bad?

------------------
"Wing up, Get kills, Be happy"

Midnight
13th TAS

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2001, 05:46:00 PM »
Aye, out here on the left coast I've been having a terrible time with my connect. The past 3 days have been very frustrating and has forced me to do more GV work. I'm gonna try some tweeks but if your connect is bad outside of your box there's little that can be done with it except for the ISP jig :P

Lars

Offline ljkdern

• Zinc Member
      • luftjagerkorps.com
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2001, 09:52:00 PM »
About 2 weeks ago I had the best connection i've ever had with this game. It lasted one day.....what I wouldnt give to have that day back. Anyway, I too have a problem with warps and rubber bullets. Ping Plotter shows a good connection.