Author Topic: NBC settles lawsuit over man’s suicide  (Read 575 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Re: NBC settles lawsuit over man’s suicide
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 03:51:38 AM »
I was very dissapointed in NBC's decision to settle.
Fortunately somebody from that sting got what they deserved. The Collin County DA declined to press charges on any of the others that were arrested.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 04:40:19 AM »
I was very dissapointed in NBC's decision to settle.
Fortunately somebody from that sting got what they deserved. The Collin County DA declined to press charges on any of the others that were arrested.

Sad to say now that anything that happens now-adays can get you sued...
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 10:32:57 PM »
Do you ever believe anyone is what the say they are on the net? I'm always dubious. In reality he had some dirty chat online with someone pretending to be a kid, maybe he knew they weren't but who know's.

So the question is if he didn't show up to the meeting was he really guilty of a crime?

If you say yes then there are quite possibly some posts on this BBS which would see half the members locked up.

I watched the show twice. I thought they spent way too much time on the graphic content of a 40 year old chatting up a supposedly 14 year old. It nauseated me, but obviously intrigued enough people to get high ratings. I hope they were muting the TV during the chat logs and only tuning in for the capture. Otherwise we have a huge problem if so many have a voyeuristic interest in old men chatting up kids.

Offline Hedworx

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 11:21:55 PM »
So he is guilty until proven innocent?

I think the fact that he shot himself kind of proves he was guilty.  If he wasn't guilty, then he wouldn't have known what the police and film crew were at his house for.  If they were to show up at my house and me knowing I was inocent, then I sure in the heck wouldn't shoot myself.  But then again, I guess everybody deserves a fair trial.

At least NBC is paying for it rather than keeping him in prison and us paying for it.

"Shunter"

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2008, 12:39:34 AM »
 Chris Hansen gets a proxy.

NBC should have told that kiddy diddlers sister to go join him.
Hopefully she was the one who had to sponge that mess up
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2008, 12:52:19 PM »
Question? Did this guy have any type of history of child molestation/soliciting? He didn't go to the meeting with the supposed minor so maybe he just did it as a lark? I don't know but some part of the story stinks to me.

As much as i despise people that would hurt a child it seems like something is getting left out of this story.?